by LilSnorps

Original Post

[OPEN] [MWS] No option to sell wedding cake to local bakery

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a wedding cake and view the options when cake is selected
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to sell the weding cake
What do you expect to see? I would expect to be able to sell cakes of excellent + quality to the local bakery in the same way you can sell cupcakes etc. Even when the cake is placed in middle of table or counter there is no option to sell it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

When my sim creates wedding cakes there is no option to sell to local bakery, but this is an option I've seen available to other players.

I have made sure the cake is excellent or higher quality and moving it in the middle of counter or table and still have no option to sell

Please can you advise

Thank you

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title a bit

Message 1 of 27 (13,405 Views)

Re: [MWS] No option to sell wedding cake to local bakery

Hero
@LilSnorps I haven't tried this myself but since you say it works for others: Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods ? Maybe a game repair ?

Also to be sure: You mean the local cake stand in Tortosa and not a GTW business ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (13,350 Views)

★ Novice

I’m on console and this is also happening 

Message 3 of 27 (13,310 Views)

Hero
@Sydneynicoleee Same question ? This is for the local cake stand not a GTW business, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (13,291 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Capture.PNG

Hi Crinrict, thanks for reponding.

I have tried removing localthumbcache file and repairing game but still I dont see the option in the screenshot to sell the cake to local bakery

Kind regards

Message 5 of 27 (13,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@LilSnorps  @Sydneynicoleee 

This might sound like a weird question, but what kind of counter do you have? LilSimsie had this issue with the used counters in one of her videos and it worked when she replaced it with a better one.

(She also replaced the fridge and stove, if that doesn’t work.)

Message 6 of 27 (13,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the idea, I checked out the LilSimsie video where she had the issue (Can you get rich baking wedding cakes in The Sims 4?) and tried with the exact same fridge, cooker and counter set up and my excellent cake still didn't have the option unfortunately 

Message 7 of 27 (13,208 Views)

★ Novice

I have these ones from dream home decorator and I have the base game London’s choice stove and the freezer burn-b-gone fridge from the cool kitchen stuff pack 

Message 8 of 27 (13,207 Views)

★ Novice
@LilSnorps So did I cause I remember seeing that vid when it first came out
Message 9 of 27 (13,202 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Yes it’s for local bakery not get to work. Thank you I’m sorry I forgot to clarify
Message 10 of 27 (13,201 Views)