by carmanfraz

Original Post

[MWS] Can't edit already created wedding event

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs. City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Dream Home Decor, My Wedding Stories, Parenthood, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a wedding event, then attempt to edit the wedding event
What happens when the bug occurs? Edit button is greyed out and non functional
What do you expect to see? The ability to edit the event
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When Wedding Stories was installed

I am still experiencing quite a large issue with the Wedding Stories pack

- Issues around editing a wedding event once it has been created. This has mostly been related to the Wedding Ceremony itself. Once the event has been created, it can only be edited once. After that, the edit button is greyed out and no further edits can be made. The only option is to delete the event and readd it. This doesn't always work though. Sometimes when recreated, it still cannot be edited. This obviously makes it pretty clunky when asking people to be apart of your wedding, editing outfits, adding a cake, etc. I have had to make sure I have done everything ahead of time, so the one edit I make includes any changes I need to make.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted title to reflect issue better and filled in form from answers given below.

Message 1 of 3 (1,283 Views)

Re: Wedding Stories Issue

EA Staff

Hello @carmanfraz 

Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

If you still aren't prompted, please include this form + answers in your post

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in?
How often does the bug occur?
What is your current game version number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
What happens when the bug occurs?
What do you expect to see?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
Please describe the patch or change you made.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 3 (1,256 Views)

Re: Wedding Stories Issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I play with the Wedding functionality
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs. City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Dream Home Decor, My Wedding Stories, Parenthood, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a wedding event, then attempt to edit the wedding event
What happens when the bug occurs? Edit button is greyed out and non functional
What do you expect to see? The ability to edit the event
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, I do at the moment but the bug was occurring without any mods installed
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? When Wedding Stories was installed
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Message 3 of 3 (1,247 Views)