by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[MOO RELATED] [MSP] Curved windows not properly placing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020 64 bits
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL except kids room stuff pack - backyard stuff pack - toddler stuff pack - my first pet stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? do a regular lot on the beach (thats where i discovered it, but i guess on regular lots will happen as well) set the wall to lowest height. try to place the moschino curved walls in one direction or another. then the window will set itself on the next level and will be invisible, untill you go to the next level where you can see the shape of the window.
What happens when the bug occurs? the window sends itself to the next floor, and the glass dissapears making it a weird window shape with no glass or transparency.
What do you expect to see? the window getting placed without no issues as regular?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

all the info is on the previous chart that i filled...

Message 1 of 6 (1,304 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MSP] Curved windows not properly placing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict i must add the mods i use have NOTHING to do with build mode. they just enable from the start up some cheats (like testing cheats and moveobjects on) witch has never been an issue ever building.
i will add a video of the mentioned bug to add information about it.
https://youtu.be/lurL3UaH8o8

Message 2 of 6 (1,217 Views)

@Player_qe38v2wp

If you grab the foundation tool and change the height of the foundation does it fix the issue? Did you have MOO enabled when you placed the windows?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 6 (1,211 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora nope the foundation can be cement or wood stocks, or higher or lower. the issue still occurs. yes i have MOO on by default, even on the video i just showed you. apparently the windows have on the end tip a not marked extra used tile. if you try to put a curved window pointing out the bottom tip they will overlap. i am guessing the curved window has 4 tiles but it was marked as 3 tiles.
also if you raise the height of the wall from lowest to medium or max, the windows will send themselves to the next floor by themselves (as when i manually placed them on the video) so its a height/width issue if you ask me. (the curved windows are a bit taller than the scuare versions)
Message 4 of 6 (1,207 Views)

@Player_qe38v2wp 

I managed to repro. It seems to be on that lot but only when the build is over a deeper section of water which leads me to think it may be the depth of the water. I moved the room to a shallower section of water and also tested on another lot and it was fine. But this was only with MOO. Without MOO the window will not place on any lot with the curved side to the wall: 

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 21.48.36.png

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 21.48.55.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 6 (1,198 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora thats what i was refering on my last post. on the first picture, the window on the lower tip seems to have an extra tile used up.
try to put 2 curved windows not making a semi-circle, but by the tips >< you will see the windows overlapse (even they should not do so since its 3 tiles not 4 tiles) with MOO off probably will not even let you even place them.
Message 6 of 6 (1,193 Views)