[MOO RELATED/FIXED] Invisible Fencing

by ForestNinja0

Original Post

Re: Invisible Fencing

★★ Guide

@BryonyRae I was able to recreate the problem with moveobjects enabled however it only occurs after drawing a new fence. Once the fence has been hidden it remains invisible until the game is entirely reloaded, even if the file is not saved.

Message 11 of 33 (2,645 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yes, but with bb.moveobjects off, you do not experience the issue, correct?

Message 12 of 33 (2,638 Views)

★★ Guide

Your response is accurate. I just wanted to ensure that they're aware of the caching problem because even if you exit to the main menu and reload the lot/household without saving, the fence will still be missing and this is likely alarming to anyone who expects unedited data to be unaffected by placement of objects.

Message 13 of 33 (2,632 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yes, we have noted that in the thread.  Thanks. Standard smile

Message 14 of 33 (2,627 Views)

Hero

Since @BryonyRae as added this to the moo thread which is referenced in the compiled list, I'll refrain from adding it to the one here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 33 (2,514 Views)

Fences glitch when placing a gate

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I checked the forum and it seems that no one has reported this issue, however I am having an issue with the fences glitching after trying to place a gate. It results in gaps in random area of the fence, which doesn't resolve after removing and attempting to replace the fence. In fact, it appears to make it worse. It even effected the fence I placed on the veranda, which was placed fine beforehand.

I have included a screenshot of the issue.

I also noticed that YouTuber and Simmer Deligracy encountered a similar issue in this video from May 7th, 2016. It starts in minute 3:53 of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlIe02LUUDE

I am running Windows 7 on a PC, and I have the base game only.

Thank you.

Message 16 of 33 (2,542 Views)

Re: Fences glitch when placing a gate

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae on this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 33 (2,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I should add the exiting the game and entering the lot after opening the game again seems to "fix" it, however the glitchs still happens when I try and add a gate again.

Message 18 of 33 (2,536 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This bug seems to come and go (gets fixed in one patch, shows up again in the next).  We originally reported it here.  As it only occurs with bb.moveobjects turned on, we decided to track it on our Testing MOO thread here.  Back in March, it was fixed.  Sounds like it's back again; I will test and re-add it to the active list on the thread if it is indeed bugged again.

Message 19 of 33 (2,509 Views)

Hero

@BryonyRae @chaoticshelly

Merged the threads.

Let me know if I should remove the solved tag

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 33 (2,502 Views)