[MOD RELATED] Unable to Move or Delete Baby Bed

by Naydi33

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Unable to Move or Delete Baby Bed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am unable to move or delete the baby bed before or after the baby is born or ages up. In order to get rid of it, I have to delete the entire floor or the room. There are no mods or cheats on in the game. This began happening after the swimming pool patch was applied.

Sometimes I am also unable to delete or move plants that are close to the walls.

I am also unable to select these items in Build mode, so cannot use the hammer on them. The message reads "Nothing to change" or "Nothing to delete."

Message 1 of 10 (5,866 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to Move or Delete Baby Bed

★★★ Novice

As of this evening, I can delete and move the bassinet with no problem. The game seems to have healed itself.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (6,187 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Does this happen on all floors ? 

Does it affect all lot or only a specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I happens in every house, and even on vacant lots. I reinstalled, a completely default install (no CC, no mods, no saves, no cache, no config files), using the first random CAS sim that came up, went to a vacant lot. Same issue. In build mode I was unable to select, unable to use the sledge hammer, getting the error message, "Nothing to change" or "Nothing to delete". However, I was unable to put another object in that same space, because it was occupied. I have tried it on first and second floors of houses, and the issue remains the same.

I am not having this issue on my Windows 7 machine, just on the Window 8.1 machine.

Let me know what other information you might need.

Here is a screen shot. Noted that when I hover my mouse over the bassinet, it highlighted the lot down the street. When clicking, my camera then goes to the lot down the street.

http://celynoir.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/bassinetissue.jpg

Message 3 of 10 (5,854 Views)

Hero

This got to be the stranges issue ever.

Did you remove all your user files when you reinstalled and tried on a fresh user folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,846 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I completely installed fresh...no carry over files at all.

Message 5 of 10 (5,843 Views)

Hero

Added but I'm unsure what could be causing this and how to solve it.

It's just the bassinet, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (5,825 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, the bassinet, and sometimes plants that are placed close to the walls. But not all the time. The bassinet is non-selectable at all times. I have had to use the debug cheat to destroy object.

Message 7 of 10 (5,800 Views)

Hero

No idea then.

I've added to the list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (5,797 Views)

★★★ Novice

As of this evening, I can delete and move the bassinet with no problem. The game seems to have healed itself.

Message 9 of 10 (6,188 Views)

Hero

Weird. Thanks for the update.

I've accepted your post as solution but feel free to undo that and come back if the issue comes back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (5,788 Views)