[MOD RELATED] Travelling loading screens game gets stuck

by loritbaudelaire

Original Post

Re: Travelling loading screens game gets stuck

★ Novice

I just started having this same problem since this last update (everything was fine before it).

The problem only seems to occur with one particular lot in Windenburg. I've gone into manage worlds and completely deleted everything on the lot and left it empty and tried to travel and it still got stuck loading. So I'm not sure what could be causing this issue.

I have done the steps in the resetting the game link (http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/). I moved the folders over one at a time and tested after each one. The problem seems to be with my saved game. I only copied one save over to make sure one of the older saves wasn't corrupt (btw I do have mods and that was the first folder I tested and I was able to travel with no problem).

What can I do? Is it possible to fix this? I am working on legacy families that I've played for many generations already. Can anyone help me save this game?

Message 11 of 17 (2,330 Views)

Hero

Did you bulldoze the lot too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 17 (2,322 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I went into manage worlds, edited the lot, bulldozed the whole lot, changed it to generic (because it was a nightclub so it was showing an exclamation when going back into manage world). Then I tried to travel to that empty lot and still got stuck on loading. A few minutes ago I tried a completely different household, one that I'd never played (a sim that was conceived somewhere along in my game), and he had no inventory, it was just a single person in the household and it still got stuck loading. Again, it's one particular lot.

Oh and before this I went into Origin and did the repair on the base game and all packs.

I also have this discussion going in the Sims 4 forum in case you want to follow along there as well (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14915401#Comment_14915401). But so far I've done everything suggested except last night user rosemow suggested changing the lot type to residential. I think I had tried that at some point along the way but I'm going to try it again this afternoon when I am able to get on my gaming computer and try some more troubleshooting. Do you have any other thoughts or suggestions besides this one I just mentioned?

Message 13 of 17 (2,316 Views)

Hero

Best suggestion I have is that you send me your save so I can try if I can duplicate.

Upload to mediafire, dropbox or google drive and PM me the link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 17 (2,311 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you so much! This worked for me and I'm so happy I didn't have to lose anything. 😊
Message 15 of 17 (2,210 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] Travelling loading screens game gets stuck

★★ Pro
@loritbaudelaire I have this problem occasionally but I don't have any mods installed.
Message 16 of 17 (753 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] Travelling loading screens game gets stuck

Hero
@LadyAofPineapple Locking this thread as it's very old and mod related at the time

Please create your own thread with as much info as possible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (738 Views)