by SinnehTM

Original Post

[MOD RELATED] Toilets breaking ever day

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try and fix it
What happens when the bug occurs? toilets breaking
What do you expect to see? every time its used
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. latest patch

breaks every time a toilet is used

Message 1 of 23 (4,631 Views)

Re: toilets breaking

Hero
@ptrsknnr122 Did you test this without mods installed ? Is it all toilets or only a certain type ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (4,582 Views)

★ Apprentice

all toilets even unbreakables

Message 3 of 23 (4,567 Views)

Hero
@ptrsknnr122 So then you can't actually repair them when they break ? Do you buy new ones ?

There's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Upgraded-Stereos-can-not-be-repaired/td-p/6882830/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (4,545 Views)

Why do the toilets break everytime they're used?

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I send my sims to the toilet or they go on their own, the toilet breaks and creates a mood let for the toilet breaking. I checked for updates, replaced using the in game option and bought new ones. This also has the same impact on unbreakable toilets and when I send a sim to fix it I cant fix it. I had my sim fixing a toilet for 12 sim hours!

Message 5 of 23 (4,534 Views)

@Iboopyournoses  I've merged your post into the bug thread for this issue.  Do you use mods or cc?  If so, what happens if you move your mods folder to the desktop, trash localthumbcache.package, and load the affected save?   You don't need to save your progress, or you can use "save as" so you don't overwrite your existing save data.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 23 (4,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue, except they also become dirty as well. Been using shift click to debug clean and fix the toilets until it is fixed. Toddler hair keeps changing color too.

Message 7 of 23 (4,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SinnehTM Every day ? Mods/cc in your game ?

Just toilets or other stuff ?

There are two older known issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 23 (4,479 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Toilets, its every single time a sim uses the toilet.  I do have mods, but they have all been updated and it didn't start until the last update before todays. It's only the toilet that I have noticed.

Message 9 of 23 (4,456 Views)

bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions and stuff packs, most game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? everytime i use a toilet it breaks and spills on sims and creates a negative moodlet. ive dont all changes, ive moved toilets repaired them, replaced them and hired out to fix the problem. unbreakable toilets are unfixable as in my sims have spent 12 hours fixing when i cancelled the item to fix it. it is still broken.
What happens when the bug occurs? the toilet always breaks no matter if its unbreakable or not.
What do you expect to see? the toilets break everytime you use them. custom content has been deleted and this does not fix the problem. i only download hair, clothes and makeup.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

my toilets break everytime i use them

Message 10 of 23 (4,465 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help