Re: Sims can't watch TV

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 18 (2,703 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] Sims can't watch TV

★★★★ Apprentice

For me it was these two mods:

- Cinema 1.4 (Reduced Sims)

- Cinema 1.2

Message 12 of 18 (2,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, and I found that taking out the Cinema mod removed this problem.

Message 13 of 18 (2,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried removing my mods folder and restarting my game but my sims still can't watch tv and it has nothing to do with my mods.. help

Message 14 of 18 (2,043 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 18 (2,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the exact same issue, I had to section all of my custom content into four major groups. Whenever I put a certain group in (one by one) and whenever the bug came back, I knew it was custom content within that folder corrupting my game. 

Message 16 of 18 (1,628 Views)

★ Novice
@Shiroderp I have the Same issue when they sit they action cancels but when the sim does to tv its self it goes through fine (I dont have mods and i have this issue)
Message 17 of 18 (983 Views)

Community Manager

Hey this thread is downright ancient at this stage and worth a lock, it's also specifically for mod-related issues. 

@Qariion You may want to create or look for another thread for the same/similar issues when no mods/CC are used. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 18 of 18 (969 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help