Sims cannot watch TV or use dresser

by melanie_bell0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Sims can't watch TV

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Everytime they try or i try to make them watch tv the action cancels out as soon as they sit down. (they also clip back up and stand behind the chair)

If i remove the chair the action is just cancelled. 

Message 1 of 18 (20,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims can't watch TV

★★ Novice

I had this problem as well. I went through all of my mods and found that deleting the "Emotional Overcharge (Social Interaction Tuning)" mod by FlorianPTME sorted it out. I hope this helps you, I was getting very frustrated! Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (24,311 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Clean install btw

Message 2 of 18 (20,327 Views)

Hero

Did you remove user files so it's vanilla ? Is that what you mean by clean install or did you just reinstall the game and put the user files back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (20,329 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem as well. I went through all of my mods and found that deleting the "Emotional Overcharge (Social Interaction Tuning)" mod by FlorianPTME sorted it out. I hope this helps you, I was getting very frustrated! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 4 of 18 (24,312 Views)

Hero

Other mods could be causing this.

Marking this as solved for now. Please feel free to unsolve if it's not a mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (20,261 Views)

Sims cannot watch TV or use dresser

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So far the only two things I've come across after the newest update

1) Sims cannot watch TV - interaction does not even show up in queue, they just glitch out

2) Same with dresser - Cannot 'Plan Outfit' or 'Change Outfit'

Message 6 of 18 (20,209 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks removing that mod worked. Everyone should probably check there mods because with the new updates a few of them most certainly caused problems with my game. Also the mod for preferred toilet/shower caused my Sims not to be able to use the bathroom and they kept peeing on them selves. Just make sure that there are updated versions of your mods.

Message 7 of 18 (20,206 Views)

Re: Sims cannot watch TV or use dresser

Hero

@melanie_bell0 Try removing your incompatible mods. I moved your thread to the TV one.

Pretty sure the dresser is a mod issue too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (20,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
That's was exactly what it was. The emotional overcharge mod caused the problem...Thank u very much.
Message 9 of 18 (19,712 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] Sims can't watch TV

★★ Novice

Every Single time i load the game i'm getting the same glitch pattern as everyone else. def have deleted the mod. and cache even repaired the game. Still having the same Tv glitch issue. What else could be the problem? any idea. Disappointed

Message 10 of 18 (18,056 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help