by kasssally1

Original Post

[MOD RELATED] [S] Sim runs around the skating rink instead of skating

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get To Work, Get Together and City Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With the Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack installed, place down a roller or ice skating rink on an empty lot and have your sim try to skate.
What happens when the bug occurs? As you'll see if you try the above, the sim runs around the skating rink and only occasionally skates around in bursts.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to skate around the rink instead of run around it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is video footage I took to show my sims actions on the skating rink.

Message 1 of 15 (2,342 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Skating Bug

Hero
HI @SimsChick06

did you test this without any mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,322 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes I did actually. I figured out it is one of my mods but now I'm having some real trouble figuring out which one because I use so many of them. Apparently they've all been updated for Seasons, so I can't understand why one of them is causing a problem with this Seasons feature. 

Message 3 of 15 (2,309 Views)

Hero
There's still a lot of mods that have not been updated and even if they are, they could still be issues.

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (2,302 Views)

Sims 4 Seasons Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to work, Pets, City living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the skating rink and skate
What happens when the bug occurs? All my sims do is run instead of skating around the skating rink
What do you expect to see? My Sims skating around the rink
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just got the Sims 4 Seasons today and wanted to have my sims go Rollerskating. I found a roller rink and had my sims Skate on it. After I did they changed into there roller skates and got on the rink. Instead of skating they started running? I tried removing my mods and then going into my game but it still didn't work? Is this a bug or glitch? or is this just happening in my game?  They'll even do the falling animations but not the skating one's. Help?

Message 5 of 15 (2,299 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Seasons Glitch

★★ Novice

Now the skating animation is playing but everytime I get on the rink my sims start running and then skating

Message 6 of 15 (2,292 Views)

Hero

Hi @kasssally1

merged your post with existing thread

So far, this looks to be mod related. Are you sure you removed all your mods ? Did you also delete your localthumbcache file ?

If you did, try repairing the game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (2,286 Views)

★★ Novice
I Already tried disabling mods. Nothing happened They still ran instead of skating
Message 8 of 15 (2,281 Views)

★★ Novice

It's working now...I don't know what I did but it's working

Message 9 of 15 (2,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having the same issue as-well. My sim started off doing the skating animation then started doing the running animation. 

Message 10 of 15 (2,262 Views)