by millers72011

Original Post

[MOD RELATED] [S] Holiday stuck in calendar causing issues for new holidays

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occurs whenever there is a holiday, sometimes when there is not. Traveling to new lots can trigger it.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims holidays are all glitched up. It's not the just premade holidays (New Skill Day, Rebate Day) , it's the holidays I created, like Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc. There isn't supposed to be a holiday one day and it will say it's the holiday from yesterday. Or, it's supposed to be Christmas, and it will say it's Christmas Eve. And, every time my sim travels to a new lot, it will change. The holiday will disappear, or it will be a different holiday. I think the calendar may be out of sync with the week. Driving me nuts!
What do you expect to see? My sims able to celebrate holidays. Holidays falling on the correct day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is my save I think..first time sharing it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuaA6CNCgJxRglGbRLnL2dMEiA87?e=sdg1Ra

PS: I use mods but I tested without them and the error still occurred.

Message 1 of 35 (2,130 Views)

Re: Major Calendar Issues

★★★★★ Guide

@millers72011 : Did you delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder in Documents and Repair the game in Origin after removing the mods, but before going in-game?

Message 2 of 35 (2,121 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I repaired game in origin after removing mods, but I didn't delete the localthumbcache.package thing. I will try that 

Message 3 of 35 (2,115 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just tested it again after removing localthumbcache and repairing after taking out mods folder. Still popped up as christmas eve, even though it's supposed to be "boog" (test holiday)

Message 4 of 35 (2,109 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@millers72011 : Hmm. What kind of mods are you using?

Message 5 of 35 (2,092 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Only mccc, ui cheat extension ,and basemental. I went to the discord for basemental and mccc with my LE's that mentioned the calendar and they interpreted it as an EA issue. 

Message 6 of 35 (2,085 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh, the only other thing I did was go on sims 4 studio to remove the outfit info in my save. This was to remove the trend that I set with a sim. I looked for solutions on here and found the issue I was having. A user on here showed how remove the trend using sims 4 studio. I doubt it's related but it's the only other thing I've done recently that could've caused a problem. 

Message 7 of 35 (2,076 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@millers72011 : Ah, okay. Thanks for the info. Standard smile

Message 8 of 35 (2,058 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also my sims cannot go to work because my game is stuck thinking it's Christmas Eve. 

Message 9 of 35 (2,008 Views)

Hero
@millers72011 Have you been fiddling around with the time speed setting in MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 35 (2,001 Views)