Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Recolor objects AFTER placing it, does not work anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just go into build mode place any objects in the world and try to change its color.
What happens when the bug occurs? the color from the object does not change with the design tool.
What do you expect to see? I place someting like a plant and place a other plant to fill the garden. Then i want to change the color of the plant with the design/recolor tool. but when i want the make the white flowers purple or any other color, the flowers are not changing its stuck in the same color you have placed the plants in the first place. I have this bug with every object i place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sinds last patch i think. Never had this bug befor.

Hi all,

I have a bug in buildmode. When i place differend objects and i want to change the color, (with that design/recolor tool,) after placing It. the color is stuck in the first color you have placed them.

for example:
1. placed a red bed and some other obejcts in the room.
2. want to recolor the red bed to blue.
3. bed gets stuck on red and not changing to blue.
4. need to destroy the object or i cant get the blue bed.

Message 1 of 6 (2,588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Recolor objects AFTER placing it, does not work anymore.

★★★★ Novice

I had this exact same problem and it was the UI Cheats Mod doing it. (It had an update that I missed.)

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (2,932 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @sharonbl

have you tried a different house to see if you have the same issue there ? I had a report in the German forum that was very similar to yours but that was specific to a few houses that were really huge and had lots of objects.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,572 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have tryed differend lots:
- full lots with a lot of objects,
- lots with just a small amount of objects
- an emty house with a little bit of new placed objects.
all have the same bug.
After going to a differend lot i can use recolor tool just 1 time, the color change from red to blue. But if i want to set it back, from blue to red its gonna freeze again in the same blue color. even with other objects after the first object try, i just cant change any of them. The all get stuck in the same color. If i go to an other rondom lot i can recolor just one object to an other color. afther that its get stuck again in the same color.

i have read something on a mods website about the: localthumbcache.package file. I deleted that file and the bug is gone.

Message 3 of 6 (2,541 Views)

Hero

Hi @sharonbl

thanks for reporting back.

Guess then it was just something faulty with that cache files.

I'm going to mark this as solved for now but feel free to come back if it happens again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,534 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this exact same problem and it was the UI Cheats Mod doing it. (It had an update that I missed.)

Message 5 of 6 (2,933 Views)

Hero

Hi @LlamaLissa

thanks for that info

Seems @sharonbl had to delete the cache files to get rid of the mod left overs.

Marking this as mod related

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,449 Views)