[MOD RELATED] Outfits change to become identical to first outfit in group

by FemFedaykin

Original Post

Re: Outfits change to become identical to first outfit in group

★★★★ Novice

@aldavor wrote:

@SuzuyaXII wrote:

Yeah, I already used Sims 4 Studio and ran all object batch fixes. I also manually went through all my CC but I only found about two that were missing the mesh, I removed those. When exactly did that update come out? There's a glitch thread about the same issue in the "you know which" forum, but they are saying it's a Maxis glitch and has nothing to do with "you know what".

Main update was dated 10 Nov, but I have a couple of package files dated 17 Nov so I think that's the last update (version ends in 115h).

TBH the way it's looking to me (my opinion, I've not looked at code etc) is that it's fundamentally a problem with Maxis' code, but it doesn't actually occur unless it finds broken content - i.e. if run without any custom stuff, it doesn't look for custom content and doesn't go thru a process of duping the outfits. Once it finds something that's broken, the base game (broken) code kicks in and does the duplication. This could either be missing mesh, incorrect coding (as in counters not having the c&d patching) or broken indices or function calls within script files.

I'd say almost impossible to check for unless all the base game code was reverse engineered or its XMLs were fully extracted to look for what could be a needle in a haystack.

Sorry it doesn't sound hopeful but that's as far as my opinion lets me go...

Well, they should fix it if it has something to do with the latest patch. If they don't fix it I am not really sure when I will be playing S4 again, right now I'm refraining from playing because I don't want my outfits to break (taking out the CC isn't fixing it because those outfits consist of CC, I might as well start over completely then because my sims won't be the same without their unique things identifying them....)

Message 31 of 36 (1,244 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This issue  has a VERY rare chance to happen with a vanilla game according to a mod dev I have talked to.

His mod on the other hand, a very popular mod that is is rated 18+ so not mentionable here, will cause this as it is right now.

It is being further investigated, but I would suggest this thread being flagged not as a potential mods/cc-related, but confirm that it is mods/cc-related.

Happy Simming!

Message 32 of 36 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

"TURBODRIVER-Today at 21:51

@itsug I would like for EA to just fix it, because this is a bug in the game, I have no doubts about it, but they might never do it because it's not causing a lot of trouble without mods... I mean, who cares about mods" "
Message 33 of 36 (1,159 Views)

Hero

Maybe if they could provide some info how to replicate it without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 36 (1,148 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

A save where this is occurring would be extremely useful as well, thanks for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 35 of 36 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Apparently the new version of said mod has fixed the bug.

Message 36 of 36 (1,079 Views)