Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] No Option to Watch Season Premiere on TV

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for a Season Premiere event to spawn and click on the TV.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option to watch the season premiere.
What do you expect to see? TVs should have the option to watch the season premiere.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have no way of telling if this is mod-related or not since it only happened once and mods were enabled at the time, but I thought this was still worth bringing up. Recently, a Season Premiere spawned in my game. My Sim wanted to watch the season premiere, but there was NO option to do so on the TV. Because of this, she ended up sad because of a "horrible holiday."

Message 1 of 14 (10,613 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Option to Watch Season Premiere on TV

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Alright. Do you have this mod [link removed] by krizz.88?? It prevents your TV from showing that distortion it does when you accelerate the time and the buzzing sound it makes.

I did the 50/50 method and since I removed that mod I am getting the option to watch the season premiere again.

EDIT: I just found the mod prevents you from seeing the weather channel as well. I dint even know that was a new feature until I deleted the mod.

Edit: Removed link to mod. This is against the Answers HQ rules. -CM

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (10,910 Views)

All Replies

Hero
I'm afraid to say but you will need to replicate that on an unmodded game as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (10,598 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It is a mod. It's been happening to me so I decided to take my mods folder out and the option to watch a season premiere appeared for the first time. I am in the process of figuring out which mod is it. If you happen to find out which is first, please do let me know!

Message 3 of 14 (10,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Alright. Do you have this mod [link removed] by krizz.88?? It prevents your TV from showing that distortion it does when you accelerate the time and the buzzing sound it makes.

I did the 50/50 method and since I removed that mod I am getting the option to watch the season premiere again.

EDIT: I just found the mod prevents you from seeing the weather channel as well. I dint even know that was a new feature until I deleted the mod.

Edit: Removed link to mod. This is against the Answers HQ rules. -CM

Message 4 of 14 (10,911 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Lorraine-Simmer for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (10,503 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Yup! KK_NoDistortion was the problem! I forgot I even still had the mod because it stopped working after I installed Seasons. Thanks a bunch for the help, @skyfall1993! If anyone else is having this problem, please check for the culprit that was discovered here.

Message 6 of 14 (10,467 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also try removing Road To Fame mod as I didn’t have the no_distortion one but still had this issue

Message 7 of 14 (10,246 Views)

Hero
There could be other mods causing this. Have you tried removing all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (10,231 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Was road to fame for me as well, thank you!

Message 9 of 14 (10,206 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] No Option to Watch Season Premiere on TV

★ Apprentice
I have no mods and this is happening for my teen sim. His mother can watch the season premiere, but he doesn't have the option. When I make her watch it and try to get him to 'watch current channel' the action won't stay in his queue.
Message 10 of 14 (9,825 Views)