[MOD RELATED] My sims all have the same face

by pandamouto

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] My sims all have the same face

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I say same face, I mean THE SAME EXACT FACIAL STRUCTURE. This problem only affects randomly-generated sims. Meaning that ALL townies that the game makes, not ones like the Landgraab's or the Goth's, the ones that change every generation or so that are not in the world. They have the same face no matter if they are a child, teen, young adult, adult, or elder. This does also affect both genders. However, the sims affected by this can have different skin, hair, and eye colours still.

I have noticed that if I make a new household in CAS and press the 'randomize' button, the same face generates on that sim. I can still press back and the sim will return to a normal face too. There is no way to edit the weird face, and I have to click on one of the pre-made sims faces and edit it from there. 

I have also noticed that if two sims have a child, the child will have a normal face. However, the moment I press randomize, the child gets a weird face.

I have attempted to fix this by removing all CC and Mods from my game, 'repairing', uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting all sims from my game, and deleting all saves.

If anyone has the same problem please share, and if you know how to fix this please share with me how. Thank you all.

Message 1 of 10 (19,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims all have the same face

[ Edited ]
Hero

To my knowledge this is a cc/mod issue. I see that you even have it after removing them. Could you try solution below.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (22,282 Views)

All Replies

Re: My sims all have the same face

[ Edited ]
Hero

To my knowledge this is a cc/mod issue. I see that you even have it after removing them. Could you try solution below.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (22,283 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] My sims all have the same face

★★ Novice

I also had the problem and my solution was to delete some of the files that made my sims have the same faces. The files that were messing up my game, was the hair 'Saturn'. I don't know if you have that file, but just so you don't have to go replace a bunch of files and opening your game a bunch, I decided to give you that info.

Message 3 of 10 (18,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to delete this hair ... it did not work Devil

Message 4 of 10 (18,279 Views)

Hero

Could be a different one as well or a mod

Try the suggestion above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (18,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Clay Face Feature was having the same issue as well and it's Custom Content(s) that was causing the issue. The selection is to remove all of your Custom Content and put them back in one of a time and load the game up and go to CAS add a new Sim into a household and click randomize over and over again. Keep repeating that with each content to find the problem content(s).

Message 6 of 10 (17,716 Views)

★★ Novice

Had the same problem! got it down to 2 mods, either it is morganparis_for_natalis_nails_01, or it is one called Mrdapo_Ru, Ijust deleted them both.

Message 7 of 10 (14,089 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OH my goodness, thank you so much, it was the nails that were the problem, i removed it and it's gone thank you SO MUCH!!!

Message 8 of 10 (14,012 Views)

★★ Novice

My game is doing the same thing except I thought it was the MCCC mod or MC Woohoo mod I just had so I closed the game and deleted them bot and It's still generating that same face and it's kinda creepy.

Message 9 of 10 (5,275 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @MrsStyrcula,

Could you pop open a new thread for this? I'm locking this one to limit necroposting.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (5,236 Views)