[MOD RELATED] My game always freezes at start up load screen.

by SimTherapy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] My game always freezes at start up load screen.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

When the game loads it takes over a minute to get to the main menu because my game always freezes when I start it. The plumbob loading screen will freeze, and at the last second it goes really fast and finishes loading. The more items I have in my library, the longer it freezes. What could be causing this? My loading screen doesn't freeze and takes a second when I empty the tray folder before starting the game, but then I lose everything in my library. At first it wasn't a problem because it didn't take that long, but now it's taking as long as it took for me to load sims 3.

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 750M

Sims version: Digital deluxe

I use clothing mods, but the problem is still there if I remove the mods before starting the game.

EDIT: I've also found that the start up loading screen doesn't freeze and takes only a second when I load it when I'm offline.

Message 1 of 10 (14,043 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Same happens to me!

Hero

Are you using mods or custom content ? If so, please remove 

If not, please make your own thread in the tech forum. This is an old thread and a different issue (which is now resolved). Locking this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (16,085 Views)

All Replies

Re: My game always freezes at start up load screen.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Adding this although it's more a tech issues since it's been reported widely.

EA IS aware of the issue though: http://help.ea.com/en/article/extended-loading-time-when-starting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (14,013 Views)

Stuck in Startup Screen (online mode) after downloading lots from online gallery

★★★ Novice

So this is a rather crazy bug, but when you have downloaded a couple lots from the online Gallery to your local Library, you know not placing them in game but just download them to the Local Library with the button that says Download to My Library. Well after you done that and next time you start your game then don't be suprised if your game will not start anymore, it just keeps hanging in the Startup Screen. However it seem to be related to the online part of the game because when I turn myself offline in Origin and load the game it starts perfectly fine with all lots in my offline local My Library (offline Gallery) now when I try to bring my game online from inside the game, bang it hangs right away trying to connect. When trying to connect through origin same story.

Now when I close my game again and remove my Tray folder out of The Sims 4 folder that is in my documents then start the game in online mode it works great again but then everything it has download to my library is gone even my own sims i made and stored locally, so this needs to be fixed fast because right now you can never download a couple lots just to have them handy for when you need them. See I wanted them locally just incase my internet gets down sometime which can happen when they do maintenance on it and in that case I wanted to have some things stored locally but right now impossible without not being able to get online anymore.

FIX THIS GUYS!!!

Message 3 of 10 (14,006 Views)

Re: Stuck in Startup Screen (online mode) after downloading lots from online gal

Hero

@CyberOps Merged with existing thread. EA is aware.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (13,998 Views)

Re: Stuck in Startup Screen (online mode) after downloading lots from online gal

★★★ Newbie

Hey question, I am having this same issue.  Has this been resolved for you?  I see this post was from months ago.  It only just happened tome now.  Just checking if this is still ongoing or if thee ws a fix.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10 (13,708 Views)

Hero

It was fixed but now it's back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (13,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't even downloaded anything from the online galery but my sims has always worked and now since 2 days it always freezes in the startup screen
What do you suggest?
Just wait for an update?

Message 7 of 10 (13,671 Views)

Hero

Install today's update and try again.

If it doesn't work, try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (13,663 Views)

Same happens to me!

★★ Novice

This happens to me aswell, but mine just doasnt load at-all or crash! its so annoying! and i also cant go to my desktop by clicking esc (escape) which usually works for me! i tried taking out all my mods but it still stayed the same! it started doing this after the new origin and sims update! i have a feeling it is having trouble dealing with the new data in the game... idk though! hope that this kinda helped! but if i get a solution this will be the first place i will share it to! x Confusedmileyhappy:  Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (13,481 Views)

Re: Same happens to me!

Hero

Are you using mods or custom content ? If so, please remove 

If not, please make your own thread in the tech forum. This is an old thread and a different issue (which is now resolved). Locking this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (16,086 Views)