[MOD RELATED] [GTW] Alien Pregnancy? I don't think so...

by MissPlaying

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] [GTW] Alien Pregnancy? I don't think so...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So, today I decided to load up an old save, for a bit of a nostalgia trip. It hadn't been opened since October.

Everything was going fine, until I had my Sims try for a baby.

The woman got pregnant just fine, and then I noticed the signs of an Alien pregnancy in the man. I thought it was odd. I was sure he hadn't been abducted, and I certainly hadn't had him try with an alien myself. 

So I played through, and sure enough he was pregnant. I went to the hospital with the couple. My female Sim had perfectly normal and usual triplet boys, but my male Sim, had an "Alien baby". I got the achievement for the Alien baby, but she wasn't actually an alien. I aged her up, and she is perfectly normal. No coloured skin, no pointy ears, no weird voice, no alien interactions. Nothing.

I'm pretty sure the game bugged out. I tried searching but haven't found anyone else who this has happened to. Apparently the game thought my female Sim was an alien or something, and allowed her to impregnate her husband. 

It's rather odd.

[No CC or mods used while playing. I do usually use them, but never before in this save game. I disabled them before loading up the save]

Message 1 of 34 (2,763 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GTW] Alien Pregnancy? I don't think so...

Hero

How did you disable the mods exactly ? This issue  is caused by a mod I can't name here so, best is to try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Then just put back that save and try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 34 (2,814 Views)

All Replies

Hero

How did you disable the mods exactly ? This issue  is caused by a mod I can't name here so, best is to try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Then just put back that save and try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (2,815 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thanks,
I've done this and not had the same issue, I'm not sure what's caused it.
I disabled the mods by moving the mods folder onto my desktop. As well as this, I don't use any mods that affect pregnancy.
I've seen a few people saying this has happened in vanilla games, so my guess is it's an EA bug that only a few people appear to be getting.
I do hope I don't run into it again, but if I do I'll be sure to say.

Thanks again Standard smile
Message 3 of 34 (2,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Really don't know what's going on.

I'm going to add this to the list with a mod disclaimer.

This is how it should be

Males can get pregnant in two cases (Get To Work needs to be installled)

• Abduction
  • Woohoo with a female alien.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (2,667 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Alright. Thanks for the help anyway
Message 5 of 34 (2,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

Posted about it on The Sims forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/827407/non-alien-female-sims-impregnating-male-sims

Glad I'm not the only one Confusedmileywink:

Message 6 of 34 (2,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My male Sim seems to be very unlucky. He got abducted early on and now is being impregnated by all non-alien females he tries for a baby with (kinda expected only the opposite result) and than both of the sims end up having babies. In addition to that, he already got abducted the second time and has already more than 10 babies... Adding to this crazy he, as other sims, cant get married (elope or by planning a wedding). NO FUN, hoping for a bug fix soon.

Not using any mods at the moment, the problems started with the expansion...

Message 7 of 34 (2,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sofiapwns wrote:

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

Posted about it on The Sims forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/827407/non-alien-female-sims-impregnating-male-sims

Glad I'm not the only one Confusedmileywink:

What mods did you have ? Did you also delete your cache files after removing and made sure that they are no longer active ?

@icebug27 At what point did you remove the mods ? Before patching and starting that save for the first time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 34 (2,611 Views)

Twin babies showed up and the man can breastfeed.

★ Novice
Basically, I got my sim pregnant and a little while after I went into cas to change up their clothes and when I came out of cas there were twin babies, a boy and a girl, called April and Luka. I thought that my sim might have had the baby without me noticing but she was still pregnant, i then thought that they were accidentally adopted. A few days later I wanted the male sim to feed the baby and was given the option to breast feed yet the female sim never had that option. I don't know what has happened or how the babies appeared. Help me?
Message 9 of 34 (2,562 Views)

Re: Twin babies showed up and the man can breastfeed.

★★★★★ Novice

Males who give birth via alien abduction, OR males who Try For Baby with an Alien Female can breastfeed.

Were either of these a possibility?

The male never gets a 'pregnant' buff...  just various sicknesses that end in "unnatural changes" or similar wording.

Message 10 of 34 (2,559 Views)