[MOD RELATED] Endless Load Screen

by laspyra

Original Post

Re: Endless Load Screen

Hero

Glad to hear it worked and happy simming.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 26 (16,181 Views)

Hero

This issue is mostly caused by corrupt user files or outdated mods.

Check your mods folder and try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Accepting this as solution for better visibility

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 26 (82,308 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue, I built a house, endless loading screen then when in the World (oasis springs) then loading my game, it keeps crashing.... anything on that, or is it the same by deleting some cache files or.... Frown 

Message 23 of 26 (16,021 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 24 of 26 (16,017 Views)

★★ Novice

I posted about this in a separate thread because none of the solutions listed here have worked, but I'm reposting it here just in case.

Firstly, my game starts off loading fine. I press play to load my previous game and it loads my neighborhood perfectly. When I press play again (from the neighborhood) to load my chosen household, the game just goes on and on with the plumbob loading screen. The screen is moving, the music and tips are playing though... after a few seconds, I hear the little chime it plays when you finish loading and sometimes even my sims talking or a cash being paid/withdrawn from household funds... but the game remains playing music, rotating tips with the plumbob outline moving around and around. When loading the actual household, I am stuck in this endless loading screen.

Secondly, I have GTW and Outdoor Retreat. I do play with CC and MODs but I am a seasoned Simmer, however. I do all the correct steps when loading a patch or new expansion. My chosen CC is categorized/organized and all that jazz.

Third, after the game not loading all the way with and without my MODs/CC and saves, instinctively, I did a factory reset... and yet the game (with a brand new TS4 folder) still would not finish loading a household.

After this, I took to researching any possible issues online. I found others who had this issue but would be taken back to the neighborhood and almost all were able to play with a new save. This is not the case for me. It refuses to load all households. This includes: old and new households. Households I have never opened before. Fresh saves and old saves. With or without MODs/CC. Deleted cache files. I even tried to load my back up. And lastly, as I said before, it will not even load after a factory reset.

The only thing I have not tried is completely re-installing the game. Any other commonly known answers and solutions out there, I've probably tried them.
Since I cannot seem to find any solutions, I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than I can help me find the root of the problem so I don't end up having to completely re-install my game, or at the very least if this happens to someone else they can come here and find their solution.

Lastly, 
my PC specs are: 

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
6GB RAM 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate

Graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

I play the game on custom settings. Some things are highest while others are lower, just for my preference... but I am able to play the game fairly well with the highest settings.

I am very grateful for any future tips or suggestions. Thanks! :cathappy:

Message 25 of 26 (15,998 Views)

Hero

Since you have your own thread, I moved that to the general help section for better troubleshooting. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 26 (15,994 Views)