[MOD RELATED] Endless Load Screen

by laspyra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Endless Load Screen

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello.  Firstly I would like to say that I could not find any info on this specific issue in the forums.  I found a similar one, but I do not recieve an error code, just an endless loading screen.  I have never had any mods or cc in my game.  My game is up to date.  If more information is needed please let me know.

The problem.  I was building a house yesterday (on a different, bigger lot from the normal one my Sims live on) in Oasis springs on my normal save game. I was planning on having my Sims move into it when I was finished building.

This morning I go to load it up. The game loads fine initially. I get to the first loading screen (where they have the animations going on). I proceed to click play and wait a while. Thinking to myself, "man this is taking an awful long time to load today". About 10 minutes later it's still loading. So I figure it must be bugged or frozen. I ctrl-alt-delete and start task manager, end The Sims 4 process, try again. Same thing. Initially loads fine, but when I click play the loading screen just loads endlessly. So I do the same thing and try to load one of my other saves. That loads fine. I just can't load the save I was building the new house on. Maybe it has something to do with being saved on a different lot from the ones my normal Sim family lives in?

I've tried clearing the cache folders, but that didn't help.

Message 1 of 26 (80,764 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Endless Load Screen

Hero

This issue is mostly caused by corrupt user files or outdated mods.

Check your mods folder and try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Accepting this as solution for better visibility

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 26 (82,309 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
What happens if you try to move Sims to that lot through the Live mode?
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 26 (80,662 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can't access live mode on the save file the lot is on.  I just get an endless loading screen.  I have to quit the game by ending the process through the task manager.

Message 3 of 26 (80,660 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the endless load screen but in a different situation. I wanted my sim to move in with a friend, but sadly after clicking the "ask to move in" option and selecting to merge, I'm stuck in the endless load. I thought that maybe it was a one off, or that it could've been a glitchy household but I tried it again with a different household and the same thing occured.

Message 4 of 26 (80,657 Views)

@Nikola0192

What happens now if you go to Household management? Do you see the households as merged or are they still separate?

I've just tried on my game with a newly created Sim and he was able to move in with the BFFs home just fine. Is your loop happening after the merge and when you try to load the household, or before?

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
Message 5 of 26 (80,654 Views)

@laspyra 

So basically you're unable to load the game at all? What happens if you rename the document folder located here before restarting the game?

\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves

Rename it Saves2 or something, that should do the trick(the folder is located in the My Documents folder).

Message 6 of 26 (80,652 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It seems to do the exact same endless loop, regardless of the method I use. Everything merges fine, but when I press play, it goes into the loop. I have tried the moving process with a different family however, and it worked fine. I can only guess that the particular household has glitched.

Message 7 of 26 (80,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The game loads fine initially.  I get to the animated screen where you can either create a new household or click "play" to resume your last saved game.  That works fine. 

There is only one saved game in particular that won't load.  It was one that I had been playing a while.  I went to edit a lot on this saved game for my sim family to "move into" once it was finished.  I saved the game while I was still on the lot I was creating the new house on.  The sim family had not yet moved in because I wasn't finished building it completely.

I can load and play every other of my saved games except the previously mentioned save.

I did try what you said and renamed the saves folder.  When I reloaded the game basically there were no saved games to load, so I couldn't try loading the broken saved game again. 

I am going to go ahead and rename the saves folder back to saves and see if maybe that changes anything.

(Update: No, that did not work.  Still endless loading).

Message 8 of 26 (80,639 Views)

@Nikola0192 What if you play with household a for a bit, save it, then go to household management and attempt another merger?

@laspyra
I have also left a house being built just after moving following the purchase of the lot. I'll check tonight to see if I'm able to access my own game or if I can otherwise reproduce your issue.
Message 9 of 26 (80,622 Views)

Hero

added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (80,605 Views)