Re: 'Dine Out' edited uniforms don't save.

by HRobbo93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] 'Dine Out' edited uniforms don't save.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi all! Bit of an issue here....

I bought Dine Out yesterday and today I decided for the first time that I would change the uniforms of my host and waiters. I have gone into the restaurant settings, manage uniforms and clicked the plus button to add a variation. This then takes me to a CAS screen in which I can customise all 5 outfits for that gender/staff role. When I'm done, I click the tick button and then a loading screen appears and takes me back to the game with the uniform panel open.

Issue: All the uniforms are as they were before, no changes or additions to available outfits.

I have tried this multiple times on the female host, and a few times on the female waiter to no avail.

Is this just a glitch in my game or a full on bug?

TIA!

HRobbo93

Message 1 of 24 (18,061 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Yes I was, I have just found the culprit, it was the reset bathing outfit mod (MTS_Lynire_1588625_ResetBathingOutfit.zip) I forgot to disable it after fixing another glitch involving sims showering in clothes. I removed that and now it seems to be working fine!

Thanks for your quick reply, evidently it was a glitch of my own making!

HRobbo93 Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 24 (19,003 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

If so, are you using MC Command Center ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (18,009 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Yes I was, I have just found the culprit, it was the reset bathing outfit mod (MTS_Lynire_1588625_ResetBathingOutfit.zip) I forgot to disable it after fixing another glitch involving sims showering in clothes. I removed that and now it seems to be working fine!

Thanks for your quick reply, evidently it was a glitch of my own making!

HRobbo93 Standard smile

Message 3 of 24 (19,004 Views)

Hero

Thanks for letting us know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (17,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and use MC Command. I've tried disabling the mod and reinstalling my game. I still have the issue.

Message 5 of 24 (17,815 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work) 

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (17,814 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] 'Dine Out' edited uniforms don't save.

★★★★ Pro

I don't use mods and have the same bug. I always need 2 trials until the uniform is saved.

Message 7 of 24 (17,146 Views)

Hero

Is this for Dine Out ? The retail have issues but dine out is fine for me.

Which uniforms are you trying to make a new one for ? All of them ? Are you overwriting existing ones or make new ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (17,139 Views)

★★★★ Pro

It just happened with Dine Out, I'm currently running my own restaurant for the first time! Apart from that minor glitch everything is working surprisingly well.

Message 9 of 24 (17,135 Views)

Hero

Which uniforms are you trying to make a new one for ? All of them ? Are you overwriting existing ones or make new ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (17,132 Views)