Re: Sims 4 DHD, Game Freezing After Gig

by comicsforever

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictThe patch has made no difference, it’s still freezing with the screen fading out after the latest patch so I’m at a loss. I’ve even tried it on a new save just incase the DHD update corrupted my save like previous updates have and it’s still not working. 

Message 21 of 40 (1,389 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MinniesEdenare you using mods if so remove them and start a new save and see if the bug still happens

Message 22 of 40 (1,365 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@comicsforever I’ve already tried it, removing the mods folder was the first thing I did when i first tried the pack and I removed it again yesterday to double check on the new save.
Message 23 of 40 (1,351 Views)

Hero
@MinniesEden Feel free to als send me one of your corrupted saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 40 (1,344 Views)

Re: [DHD] Game freezes after reveal/Grey overlay

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Update: I am 99% sure the issue that was causing this for me was either an older version of XMLInjector (I ALWAYS forget to check it whenever a new pack comes out) or outdated career mods. I must have completely overlooked updating my career folder. Hopefully this helps you. If I see anything else related to this issue pop up I'll update again in the future.

Orginal Text: I've been having this issue since the game pack launched so I've been looking into it the last couple of days. From my experimenting, I've whittled it down to it definitely being a mod that causes it. I'm going through the process of moving mods back in small clusters to figure out which one it is and think I've gotten it down to a few. One thing I noticed is this UI Last Exception quoted below is always present after I kill the process via Task Manager. From what I can gather with my limited knowledge in all this, it looks like something is messing up the slid show from the design reveal. Once I figure out which mod could be causing it I'll let you know so we can see if you have it as well. 

"<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>9b8985218dd97b7760eb0366</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-07-11 14:46:54</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.76.81.1020-1.300.000.128.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Dialog.headers::PhotoMontageHeader</categoryid><desyncid>9b8985218dd97b7760eb0366</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>RangeError: Error #1125: The index 0 is out of range 0.&#13;&#10; at widgets.Dialog.headers::PhotoMontageHeader/LoadCurrentImages()&#13;&#10; at olympus.views::CellView/Draw()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Dialog.dialogs::DialogContainer/Draw()&#13;&#10; at ()&#13;&#10; at olympus.dialog::DialogManager/ProcessDialogRequest()&#13;&#10; at olympus.dialog::DialogManager/RequestDialog()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Dialog::DialogMain/HandleUiDialogMessage()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()&#13;&#10; at widgets.UIContainer::UIContainerMain/HandleUiDialogMessage()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()&#13;&#10;rtim=23553&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
</root>"

Message 25 of 40 (1,193 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I have the same problem.  And a lots of mods in my game.

So I went to game option

disable mods and scripts -restart-

return in my game, try a successful renovation and it’s not freeze.

so I m sure this is causing by a mod.

please, tell me when you’ll find out or I’ll tell you if I find it first, but it will be a long procedure because we have to do the renovation and restart the game… it will be not easy. 

Also, I had blank client preferences as well  and did isolate the ones that made my client preferences blank, it too.  They are not the same because my game stills freeze with gray screen…

can I have a link for a discord server that speak about that topic or find it somewhere ? Maybe the solution is already found… And I could share my solutions as well beaucse I think here is not the place, it’s about technical for regular game. Please, I need help to know where to discuss about it ( already look topic about broken cc and mods but no one speaks about these problems related to dream home decor).

thank you so much and have a great day

Message 26 of 40 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Feevee13 The fastest way I have found to isolate the problem is to set up a save with someone just about to call their clients back for a design reveal. Right before you call the clients back save and quit, then remove a mod, reload the save, try the reveal, and if no success then just quit without saving. Repeat until you find the issue. If you have any Job related mods I would highly suggest removing those before testing anything else first. I pinpointed my issue to it being outdated custom careers by KiaraSims and Simularity. I updated Kiara's mods and removed Simularity's and was able to finally complete my first gig. No issues since. I hope you find the answer because I know how frustrating this is!
Message 27 of 40 (1,140 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It happened to me without mods, I’ll pull all mine out again tonight or tomorrow to double check just incase I missed or dropped anything elsewhere when moving and if I find anything that’s conflicting and causing the issue I’ll update too.. I’ll also try a vanilla game because if it works then it’ll definitely be a mod that could’ve been dropped accidentally. 

Message 28 of 40 (1,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Can you tell me what you found please? It can help others also.

thank you!

Message 29 of 40 (1,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

it was a mod, I’m not sure which yet but I took everything out again and ran S4TI to make sure I grabbed everything and it’s worked.. I’ve now got the painstaking task of putting everything back one by one to figure out which mod is conflicting with it but as soon as I know I’ll let you know although it’s possibly UI cheats as there’s a lot of issues with that in game atm. 

Message 30 of 40 (1,108 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help