Re: City living tea doesn't work?

by krimsonnox

Original Post

Re: Can't Drink Sakura Tea at Festival

★★★★ Novice

I've uploaded it and named it Wanna723Mods. I thought it was mod related at first also but I usually can quickly locate the mod causing an issue. This time it seems that anything in my mods folder causes issues with the festivals. 

Message 21 of 55 (2,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Following items seems causing this so far

• BustedPixels's conversion
  • Vintage_florist's_dream_watering_can_recolor.package
  • mango_s4_Courcelles_Tapis_RC1.package
  • [SrslySims] (S4) University Cadet Desk Chair.package

Hi @wanna723

I've narrowed it down to 

All the others seem fine.

You do have some household files in your mods folder though. They belong in the Tray folder.

everything that starts with 0x0

I would also recommend that you have some kind of sort system that groups together what belongs together and tells you what kind of cc/mods they are.

Like folder for hair, mods, objects, ..

Only script mods need to be on the top leve

@Trimoth are you also using this mod or is it a different one for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 55 (6,851 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much!!! I've removed it and will test now. And thanks for the tips for the mod folder...I was thinking that I need to clean it up. Lots of stuff I don't even use!

Message 23 of 55 (2,197 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

NOt working for me either, with mods out and post repair.  So many bugs with this patch!!!

Message 24 of 55 (2,164 Views)

Hero

@Whatthewoohoo

this is related to an incompatible cc and is not a bug

Please refer to the solution post, which one is causing issues.

Could be a different one for you though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 55 (2,157 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crin, I do not have the watering can in my game, did you have a quick/easy way to locate which of my mods is causing the same trouble??? or do i just need to go through them ALL one at a time. I do have them sorted into folders ..ut there is still a lot. 

Thanks for the feedback.

-Krimsonnox

Message 26 of 55 (2,064 Views)

Hero

Use the 50/50 Method

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 55 (2,058 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Crin, I don't have the emotional fortitude to do that now but will use that method when i have the time to plug through it! 

Message 28 of 55 (2,055 Views)

Hero

If you want, you can upload your mods folder to the mediafire link I provided earlier.

Just zip it and upload.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 55 (2,051 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

If you want, you can upload your mods folder to the mediafire link I provided earlier.

Just zip it and upload.

Hi crinrict I have uploaded a problem save file under the name SAVEERRORSlot_00000001. Even without any mods in my game my sims can't drink from the fountains. It is very strange as it seems to only occur in certain save files and not others. I have around 4 different save games that I play and usually remove the each save file and separate them into folders and put them in rotationally as I switch (sorry if this doesn't make any sense). 

In the save file I uploaded even when I remove all the mods and try playing to test the fountains at the festival they simply do not work. Currently in the save game the romance festival is occuring so go to there. I don't have the florists watering can mod. However my mods folder is far too big to upload probably 4 gbs + and I try to limit and I have everything sorted only about 10+ folders and organized however it is a lot. I've tried the 50/50 method. I have also tried removing all mods and testing but the error still occurs and only in certain save files so I am at a rock and a hard place and I guess I'll just have to live without festivals or my save files are broken. note the error is occurring for me without any mods in my game on specific save files. Hence I don't know what to do

Message 30 of 55 (2,025 Views)