Re: Can't Drink Sakura Tea at Festival

by wanna723

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Can't Drink Sakura Tea at Festival

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

City Living Romance Festival Sakura Tea Bug. 

Can't drink Sakura Tea at Festival

Hi I just had my first festival and it went great, However at the festival which was the romance. None of the sims could drink the Sakura tea. I have all eps and sps and gps. The fountain was glowing yellow but no matter what I did no sim or myself could click on it or drink the tea which was quite a bad thing. I tested 4 times with my mods, then without mods, reloaded to earlier save, vanilla game and still my sims could not drink from the fountain. Why is this happening can anyone help?

picture of glowing fountains

Message 1 of 55 (8,094 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Following items seems causing this so far

• BustedPixels's conversion
  • Vintage_florist's_dream_watering_can_recolor.package
  • mango_s4_Courcelles_Tapis_RC1.package
  • [SrslySims] (S4) University Cadet Desk Chair.package

Hi @wanna723

I've narrowed it down to 

All the others seem fine.

You do have some household files in your mods folder though. They belong in the Tray folder.

everything that starts with 0x0

I would also recommend that you have some kind of sort system that groups together what belongs together and tells you what kind of cc/mods they are.

Like folder for hair, mods, objects, ..

Only script mods need to be on the top leve

@Trimoth are you also using this mod or is it a different one for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 55 (6,800 Views)

All Replies

Hero

It worked fine for me when I tried so I know I won't be able to replicate this

Does the option not show up or does nothing happen or do you get a route failure ?

Have you tried renaming your user folder and repairing your game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 55 (8,004 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. When you click on the fountain nothing happens, no menu comes up. The object is not selectable at all. 

Message 3 of 55 (7,992 Views)

★ Guide

This happens to me as well there just is no option and it's unclickable. Other sims gather around it and I assume if it worked they would be drinking but they don't it just glows and they don't drink. I did repair my game. However I don't really want to start a new save so I guess I will live with the error. I do rotionally have about 4 different save files so I will try another this weekend but for now I will just do without the sakura tea until EA fixes it

Message 4 of 55 (7,986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have repaired the game and replaced my folders and the issue is still there. I'm convinced this is a bug that needs a patch. 

Message 5 of 55 (7,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you all test a new game for testing purposes and if the new one works, could someone upload your bugged saves

Please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

I do assume it happens on both fountains ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 55 (7,972 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I removed my mods folder completely and started a new game and it worked. I tried to see which mod was causing the problem but it doesn't work with any custom content at all. As long as I play a new game with an empty mods folder I'm fine but as soon as anything is placed in the mods folder, it no longer works. 

Message 7 of 55 (7,936 Views)

Hero

And the old save doesn't work even without mods ?

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 55 (7,906 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

You are correct, the old saves will not work even when the mods folder is removed. I have to start a whole new game. I've uploaded my saves folder to the link you provided. Hopefully you can find the problem. Thanks for all your help :-)

Message 9 of 55 (7,892 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crinrict, I uploaded my save file, sorry it took so long but I already played 2 sim days and the festival was gone so I was playing until it came back again. However when I played (removed all mods) I played for about 2 sim weeks until the festival came back again and went to the humour and hijinks festival which also has drinks and the drink fountains worked there. Then Saturday came around and I went to the romance festival and the fountains worked! So I don't know if it is a mod related issue which most likely I suppose it is I just don't know which and I can't replicate the error again but I've attached my save game so you can take a look. The save game is saved at 4 pm on Sat just before the romance festival starts

Message 10 of 55 (7,880 Views)