[MOD RELATED] Can't Adopt children

by EloquentMyDear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Can't Adopt children

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My sim leaves to pick up their adopted child but never brings them back home, and they are not added to the row of sims at the bottom. No mods installed

Message 1 of 12 (1,927 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Adopting children

★ Guide

Deleting all the overcrowded houses worked! Star

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (1,890 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is this on en existing game ? Which city to do live in ?

Have you tried if the same happens in a new game for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

On an existing game, yes, in Willow Creek. I haven't tried in a new game, but will get back to you about it as soon as I can.
Update: no problem on a brand new game.

Message 3 of 12 (1,905 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,897 Views)

★ Guide

PM'ed you Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (1,890 Views)

Hero

Taking a look when I find the time. 

I'll let you know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I was able to duplicate this with one household. It works fine if I choose another.

Babies work fine though, so try that route.

I see that you have many overstuffed households, so I assume you had a mod once to achieve that ? 

Wonder if that has anything to do with it. Since the extra Sims weren't removed from the households.

Did that Sim where it doesn't work move from such an overstuffed household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,876 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I previously had a mod installed. But no, this sim came from a family of three. There's never been more than four sims in her household.

Message 8 of 12 (1,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Might still be an issue caused by overstuffing since your houses are still very much so.

As it's just this household, and babies are fine, I'm refraining from adding for now, especially since I can't be sure it wasn't caused by the mod in the first place.

Feelf free to come back, if it happens again on an unmodded game and fresh save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,863 Views)

★ Guide

Okay thanks for your time. I might try deleting all of the overstuffed households and then testing the adoption. For the moment she's adopted a baby.

Message 10 of 12 (1,855 Views)