[MOD RELATED] Babies Born With No Relationship To Parents

by 3501710

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Babies Born With No Relationship To Parents

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Lately my Sims have been getting impregnated just to give birth to an infant that knows neither parent, nor has any connection to them in the family tree; as if the mother simply carried this strange baby in her body for 3 Sim days, then gave birth to it without forming the most basic of connections.
I aged one infant up to toddler to see if the glitch followed. It did. The toddler has no connection in its family tree. Just some lone baby not even sure where it came from.
I fix this dilemma with MC Relationship, but I am getting weary with running around fixing this every time a babe is born.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 11 (4,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Babies Born With No Relationship or Biological Link To Parents.

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so I started a completely new save game in vanilla, instead of simply disabling scripts and mods in my current game.  In the vanilla game the problem did not persist.
I then went into my current game and updated the "MC Mod".  In my current game the problem did not persist.
I will next try it with a vampire couple.
However, for now, I suspect that it is mod related.  If this is the case, then ensuring that your mods are updated may fix the problem.
Thank you.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (4,490 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you remove all mods to test this if it occurs on a unmodded/vanilla game as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (4,460 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I will try that next time one of my Sims are about to give birth. I will report my findings by tonight or tomorrow morning.
Message 3 of 11 (4,454 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If your Sims are Vampires there is a known issue with MCC in the current version. You can read more about that in the comments on the mods page. So remove any mods and try again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (4,440 Views)

Hero

@3501710

for future reference: Bug forum is reporting on mod-less games only. EA won't be fixing any mod issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (4,433 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I took the mods out, but the problem persists.

Message 6 of 11 (4,419 Views)

Hero

On newly born babies ? You won't get them on the babies that were already born by taking out the mods.

Check if a new born baby has no relationships with no mods in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (4,406 Views)

Hero

Tagging @3501710 for more feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (4,381 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Please excuse me, the new job had me working beyond my ability to sit and play the Sims. I am off tomorrow, and will continue testing tonight. I will have an answer by tomorrow morning.
Message 9 of 11 (4,372 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so I started a completely new save game in vanilla, instead of simply disabling scripts and mods in my current game.  In the vanilla game the problem did not persist.
I then went into my current game and updated the "MC Mod".  In my current game the problem did not persist.
I will next try it with a vampire couple.
However, for now, I suspect that it is mod related.  If this is the case, then ensuring that your mods are updated may fix the problem.
Thank you.

Message 10 of 11 (4,491 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help