[MOD/CC RELATED] Toddlers' Eyes are replaced with Vampire Eyes

by trainnerd24

Original Post

Re: [PROBABLY MOD/CC RELATED] Toddlers' Eyes are replaced with Vampire Eyes

Hero

Mods get outdated with patches and need updating.

It's probably some eye replacement that either needs updating (check with the creator) or removing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 32 (5,073 Views)

Re: [PROBABLY MOD/CC RELATED] Toddlers' Eyes are replaced with Vampire Eyes

★★ Novice

You could easily download contact lenses cc online! I suggest meteor eyes as they aren't too creepy looking and are absolutely beautiful. Download the face paint versions for children (they work on both toddlers and children), or you could also download the adult version as well. I don't suggest the non default version as they tend to switch back to the vampire eyes. This issue has come across me as well, so you could use these eyes (or any other) while waiting for EA to release a patch.

Message 12 of 32 (5,062 Views)

Re: [MOD/CC RELATED] Toddlers' Eyes are replaced with Vampire Eyes

★★ Novice

If you have CC related to eyes in your game, try removing them -- specifically, if they replace EA default eyes. If you remove this and it works, then you need to see if the creator of said eyes has updated them to work with toddlers. If not, then download the non-default versions. This worked for me. Standard smile

Message 13 of 32 (4,959 Views)

Re: Vampire Face Details Resets To Default With And w/o Mods

★ Novice
I am having the same problem with my toddlers eyes. If I age up my baby to a toddler or already have an pre existing toddler they would have the vampire eyes. But if I age up that toddler to a child it would change their eyes to the regular eyes they are supposed to have
Message 14 of 32 (4,816 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] Vampire Face Details Resets To Default With And w/o Mods

★★ Guide

Do you change your Sims only in the mirror or also via Manage Worlds? Maybe try the latter, if you haven't done so already. Mirrors can be buggy. Disappointed

Message 15 of 32 (4,800 Views)

Re: Vampire Face Details Resets To Default With And w/o Mods

Hero

Hi @Sageuhhhh

merged your post with the correct thread on that iss.

The vampire eyes are usually mod/cc related. Please remove them, especially if you use custom eyes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 32 (4,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know exactly which CC files cause this. reticulatesDaydreaminEyesBonusNondefault.package and reticulatesDaydreaminEyesEADefault.package --Take them out of your mods folder and you will never have this issue again!!

Message 17 of 32 (4,667 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you very much, you were so right 😊
Message 18 of 32 (4,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey.

I have literally gone through all of my cc one by one, and I even removed them all to make it possible to have normal toddler eyes, but the bug is still there... I don´t know what to do now. do you think that if I delete the vampire pack, it would work again?

Message 19 of 32 (3,860 Views)

Hero

Hi

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 32 (3,829 Views)