[MOD/CC RELATED] Toddlers' Eyes are replaced with Vampire Eyes

by trainnerd24

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[MOD/CC RELATED] Toddlers' Eyes are replaced with Vampire Eyes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! So when I was playing The Sims 4, I added a Toddler to my Family in CAS, but no matter what I do, (Randomize Eyes, click on eyes), the eyes on the Toddler only show as Vampire eyes, but when I click on them, I cannot change them to normal eyes, there is the option to change the shape of the eyes, but not color. So now all my toddlers look possessed.

Message 1 of 32 (33,280 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddlers' Eyes are replaced with Vampire Eyes

Hero

Are you using mods/cc  in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 32 (39,253 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using mods/cc  in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (39,254 Views)

★★ Novice

I've removed all of my CC and it still happens.

Message 3 of 32 (32,848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! I had the same problem. I think the bug may be related to me not removing mods before the latest patch, but I don't know this for sure.

First, I removed all my custom content from the Mods folder and put in on my desktop, and I ran a repair on the game before restarting it just in case. As I expected, there were no vampire eyes on toddlers.

So, I began gradually adding back in my CC, but after a little while, it occured to me that some of my CC was likely contributing to the glitch. When I went back into the game, the glitch was back!

I ran one last test, to see if adding just 1 CC item caused the glitch to occur, but to my surprise, the glitch wasn't there, which I can only assume means that certain types of mods are causing the glitch. That... is incredibly frustrating...

It looks like I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time figuring out which mods are doing this, adding and removing mods, checking the game each time to see if anything changes. All we can do is let the developers know what's going on and asking them to look into fixing it. If you want to keep all of your mods, it looks like you're going to have to wait on making toddlers for a little while.

Message 4 of 32 (32,816 Views)

Hero

Pretty sure this is cc related.

It's possible that Sims that have the issue need to be manually fixed or a repair game will need to be performed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 32 (32,800 Views)

Re: [PROBABLY MOD/CC RELATED] Toddlers' Eyes are replaced with Vampire Eyes

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problem too it whatever i do there eyes are with the vampire ones its really annoying me now because i  have had the game for years and don't want to lose all my cc but i hope the sims team fix it.

Message 6 of 32 (32,685 Views)

Hero

The Sims team doesn't fix cc related issues. You need to find the cc that's messing up your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 32 (32,672 Views)

Toddlers In CAS issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
So, since the patch that released a few days ago, I've run into a new issue in CAS :/
Toddlers will only generate with vampire eye colours, regardless of species, but when you change their age to child or higher, the colours swap back to normal ones, and go back to vampire eyes if I make them toddlers again.

Happens with and without mods ):
It sucks, because now all my toddlers look like vampires Dx
Message 8 of 32 (32,677 Views)

Re: Toddlers In CAS issue

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game through origin

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 32 (32,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same happens to me!
I tried repairing the game, and it didnt work

then i moved the mods folder to desktop and started the game to see if the bug was still there and it was gone! Standard smile
But the thing is i like my mods, so then i tried moving The Sims 4 folder to desktop, started the game to make new folder in documents,

and then moved all of my saved files an mods back, and it still didnt work :/

Message 10 of 32 (28,899 Views)