Can't feed rodents

by jest0pher_

Original Post

Can't feed rodents

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, including the new High School pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy any hamster/rodent cage and return to live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even when my rodent is starving, the option to give food is greyed out (when I hover over it, it says there is already food). I also cannot clean the cage for the same reason, even when it's obviously dirty.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the options to feed or clean the rodent being clickable when needed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've noticed this since before the recent patch, and I was hoping that the patch would fix it but my hamsters are still dying. The only way I've found to keep them alive at all is to feed them treats every few sim-hours.

Message 11 of 20 (1,675 Views)

Re: Can't feed rodents

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (with an unmodded save)?  If so, would you be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Message 12 of 20 (3,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is still an issue as of 1/21/2023 !!!!!! What is going on??????? 

Message 13 of 20 (1,509 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Shannanique Whats going on is QA need saves
Message 14 of 20 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes! I am having the same exact issue. It won't ever let me fill my rodent's food because it says its full all the time, it always says its hunger is fine, and at the most random times without warning I'll just get a notification that says it died due to starvation. This is getting so annoying. I've had to buy a new one like 4 times now.

Message 15 of 20 (1,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as a solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone of you confirm if anyone of you still seeing this issue (without mods) on the latest game version 1.98.158.1020?

Thanks!

Message 16 of 20 (3,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue right now I’m on Xbox.

Message 17 of 20 (1,245 Views)

★ Novice

I actually cant even get an option to show when clicking on my rodent, only if I shift+right click it shows the reset object and set to head. But regular clicking does nothing 😭

Message 18 of 20 (913 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jest0pher_ Even says my rodent died but its alive
Message 19 of 20 (532 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSimsDirect I tried testing and I was able to feed and clean the rodent cage. The difference is now I need to wait at least 3 days before the cage become dirty and the feeder empties. My rodent didn't die of starvation.
Message 20 of 20 (478 Views)