MEGA LIST - Zone Logo Colors Not Changing for Create-a-team

by Danielg542

Original Post

MEGA LIST - Zone Logo Colors Not Changing for Create-a-team

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: NHL 22
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Create-A-Team. Select the Nordiques logo for the team. Change the colours for each zone. Changing the colour in Zone 4 has no effect on any colour scheme on the logo.
What happens when the bug occurs? The circle in the Nordiques' logo is uneditable. This is especially jarring since- at the very least- the colour of the circle in the Nordiques' original logo is a different colour than it is in the game, meaning that I cannot create a team with the authentic Nordiques logo.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to change the colour of the circle in the Nordiques logo. I am unable to do that.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Create-A-Team
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:02 AM
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Sabres342
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. No crash report.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Attached is the screenshot of the attempted edit of Zone 4 of the Nordiques' logo. You will see I have it selected and coloured red, yet no where on the screen is there an indication to which part of the logo Zone 4 applies to. In addition, the circle in the logo is navy blue, yet no other zones are coloured as such.

EA_Blueberry: Adjusted post title to be more broad with all zone reports

Message 1 of 20 (2,629 Views)

Re: Missing editing zone in Nordiques logo

★★★★ Guide

This is a larger bug, a lot of logos have the same problem when you come to zone 7 and want to change colour, but the game doesn´t show where zone 7 is, but it´s pretty clear on the most logos where zone 7 used to be in for example NHL 21.

And when you choose different colours for zone 7 nother changes on the logos.

This makes a lot of logos not useable, because there is something of in them that you can´t change.

So you guys at EA needs to take a bigger look about this, because it´s a big problem for us who loves creating teams.

Message 2 of 20 (2,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happens with Zone 4 of Custom Logo 35. The husky's eye does not change color, it's hard stuck at a black color. I'm assuming that part of the logo was not mapped to the ability to change the color.

Message 3 of 20 (2,520 Views)

Broken color zones in Create a team

★★★ Apprentice

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the list below of logos, jersey styles, fonts, pants, socks that has zones that can't have their color changed
What happens when the bug occurs? Zones that should be able to be changed stays black no matter what
What do you expect to see? My desired color to be seen on that zone
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Create A Team
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Mickelraven
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

In Create A Team, there are a lot of various logos, jersey styles, font styles, pant styles and sock styles that can't have a zone's color changed, and stays black no matter what. Here's a list of everything in Create A Team that has broken zones.

Logos and branding

NHL Logos

- Florida Panthers - zone 7

- Winnipeg Jets - zone 7

ECHL Logos

- Norfolk Admirals - zone 7

- Reading Royals - zone 10

- Wichita Thunder - zone 13

Vintage Logos

- Logo 3 (Buffalo Sabres) - zone 7

- Logo 23 (Quebec Nordiques) - zone 4

- Logo 27 (Vancouver Canucks) - zone 10

- Logo 30 (Vegas Golden Knights) - zone 4

- Logo 31 (Washington Capitals) - zone 7

Custom Logos

- Logo 1 (Dragon) - zone 4

- Logo 2 (Ninja) - zone 7

- Logo 4 (Tiger) - zone 7

- Logo 9 (Shark) - zone 4

- Logo 12 (Bull) - zone 7

- Logo 19 (Bandit) - zone 7

- Logo 22 (Horse chess piece) - zone 4

- Logo 34 (Dog howling) - zones 7 and 8

- Logo 35 (Husky) - zone 4

- Logo 57 (Star on a shield) - zone 7

- Logo 67 (Triceratops) - zone 4

- Logo 96 (Bird on a star) - zone 4

- Logo 97 (Elephant on a shield) - zone 7

- Logo 99 (Narwhal) - zone 7

- Logo 101 (Hammerhead shark) - zones 7 and 8

- Logo 104 (Star with wings) - zone 7

- Logo 107 (Chef) - zone 10

- Logo 109 (Hot dog) - zone 7

- Logo 112 (Skull on a banner) - zone 7

- Logo 117 (Bull) - zone 7

Every Adidas Hockey Teams, Billebeino, Collegiate Font 1 and 2, Handscript Font, Modern Font and Vintage Font logos works like they're supposed to

Uniform

Jersey style

Every jersey style works like they're supposed to

Font style

- Font style 2 - It's impossible to change the color of this font on the back of the helmet due to a lack of existing zones

- Font style 15 - zone 12

- Font style 20 - zone 12

- Font style 21 - zone 12

- Font style 25 - zone 12

Pant style

- There are no differences between pant styles 1 and 2. Pant style 2 has an extra zone, but it affects nothing.

Sock style

Every sock style works like they're supposed to

Skater equipment

Everything inside skater equipment works like they're supposed to

Goalie equipment

Everything inside goalie equipment works like they're supposed to

I hope this helps finding these bugs in these logos and font styles, because not being able to change a zone to a desired color is really bugging me out as an artist who loves to create jersey concepts and custom teams. I hope these will be fixed in a future patch.

Message 4 of 20 (2,454 Views)

★★ Guide

Customs logo also don't appears in the score board or in team stats for me, I wonder if it's part of the same bug.

Message 5 of 20 (2,447 Views)

★ Guide

I haven't tried it yet but I will tonight that's disappointing to hear. The Nordiques logo is already incorrect and has been for years. It should have a white outline around the entire logo. See pic. 

Message 6 of 20 (2,436 Views)

Franchise mode logo bug

★★ Newbie

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In franchise mode, when you relocate a team, and custom your new jerseys, when you select the Quebec Nordiques logo, the little round on the right side of the logo stays black, and can't be chosen a color onto, although when you choose the colors, there are four different section, that you can use a different color with, the last one doesnt work at all, so you cant change the color of the round shape. I do not posess the knowledge of such occurence, but I presume, that this would also happen when you create a team and customize jerseys in any game mode of the product.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get mad
What do you expect to see? I'd like to see that the bug will be fixed.
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:30PM 10/18
What is your time zone? EET (ART) - GMT + 2:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? illuminatiswag1
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. In franchise mode, when you relocate a team, and custom your new jerseys, when you select the Quebec Nordiques logo, the little round on the right side of the logo stays black, and can't be chosen a color onto, although when you choose the colors, there are four different section, that you can use a different color with, the last one doesnt work at all, so you cant change the color of the round shape.

Juu

Message 7 of 20 (2,443 Views)

Quebec Nordiques logo error Create a Team mode

★★★ Guide

The puck on the Quebec Nordiques logo is black and the color can't be changed. See screenshot. Zone 4 is the puck color and as you can see the zone is red but the puck is still black.

NHL™ 22_20211019034226.jpg

Message 8 of 20 (2,454 Views)

Re: Quebec Nordiques logo error Create a Team mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

It happens for at least the winged star logo also in the EA-created custom section. I'm guessing those are not the only ones.

Message 9 of 20 (2,443 Views)

Re: Broken color zones in Create a team

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for this, I’ve run into a bunch of them already. This is a massive problem & I’m not sure it’s even being looked at

Message 10 of 20 (2,322 Views)