Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] Can't place new lights/ Lights disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP06
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work; get together; city living; cats and dogs; seasons; get famous; island living; discover university; eco lifestyle; snowy escape; outdoor retreat; spa day; dine out; parenthood; jungle adventure; strangerville; realm of magic; luxury party; perfect patio; cool kitchen; spooky stuff; movie hangout; romantic garden; kids room; backyard; vintage glamour; bowling night; fitness; toddler; laundry day; my first pet; moschino; tiny living; nifty knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? placing lights
What happens when the bug occurs? all of the lights on all of my lots have disappeared. i also cannot place lights on any of my lots. this applies to all lights and candles.
What do you expect to see? try to place lights on a light, and it will not lock in and will not display lighting correctly. i expect that the lights will lock in and show lighting appropriately when added.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. January 21 2021

n/a

Edit By Crinrict:  Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 32 (4,056 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: January 2021 patch messing up light options

★★★★★ Novice

That happened to me, too. I was able to fix it by quitting the game and going back to the game screen in Origin and clicking Repair. Went back into the game, and it seems to be resolved!

View in thread

Message 2 of 32 (4,008 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

That happened to me, too. I was able to fix it by quitting the game and going back to the game screen in Origin and clicking Repair. Went back into the game, and it seems to be resolved!

Message 2 of 32 (4,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked! Thanks!

Message 3 of 32 (3,977 Views)

I can't place lights

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The sims 4 city living, The sims 4 get famous, The sims 4 island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When trying to place lights (all types, both inside and outside, wall lights, roof lights, floor lights)
What happens when the bug occurs? The lights do not place themselves. I cannot see the light I tried to place and there is not additional light intensity that you would expect from placing the light.
What do you expect to see? The light doesn't appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This occurs every time I open the app and go on build mode. It started a couple of days ago, but I don't know why it is happening.

Message 4 of 32 (3,915 Views)

Re: I can't place lights

★ Novice

This is happening in my game as well and it even applies to fireplaces.  Anything that gives off light will not show up when placed in build mode (even though the "placed" sound occurs) and there is no illumination of the space.  All the lights in the existing houses are gone as well - both ones that came with the game/packs and the ones downloaded from the gallery.  

Message 5 of 32 (3,906 Views)

Re: I can't place lights

★★ Expert

hi @egm20903 and @zubyzu--can you try repairing your games through Origin and reloading your saves?

Message 6 of 32 (3,889 Views)

Bugged

★★★ Novice

Ceiling lights don't work after new patch.

Message 7 of 32 (3,546 Views)

Re: Bugged

Champion (Retired)

@WeirdPlatypusYay 

I suspect that your power is off or you are on a Off the grid lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 32 (3,524 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thats not the problem. 

When I place lights or lamps they disappear. Which makes it dark and unplayable.

It happens in all my saves. 

One of my sims are an actor and when he goes to a gig the tasks don't show up and he can't put on makeup/clothes or talk to the director. 

Message 9 of 32 (3,504 Views)

Hero
@WeirdPlatypusYay Are you on a Mac ? Try repairing the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 32 (3,496 Views)