Luke not getting back up after fall in HVV

by EnriquePriest

Original Post

Luke not getting back up after fall in HVV

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When I was knocked down to the ground after darth vader's chock I could not get back up. The only thing that would happen was luke would roll around on the ground like a literal seizure. I was only able to get back up until someone came over and hit me again. I was stuck for about a minute. I tried to save the video but I was only able to get a screen shot unfortunately. This was in bespin hvv.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Pepsi3rdEye
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 05/19/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 6:30
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get hit by darth vader as luke by that same wall on bespin
What happens when the bug occurs? Luke can't get up, attack, or use any abilities. He also has seizures.
What do you expect to see? To be looked at.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Whats that?

Nothing
Message 1 of 15 (1,674 Views)

Re: Luke not getting back up after fall in HVV

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @EnriquePriest

Have this problem with Luke not being able to get up happened to you more than once? I'm trying to establish if there was a one-time glitch or perhaps it's something that we can reproduce Wondering

Thanks for sharing any additional information!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 15 (1,602 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I havent tried hvv again I should though. The problem would be to recreate the scene. I would have to get choked by vader and not get hit again after that
Message 3 of 15 (1,575 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
EA_Ataashi

Look it happened again! Except this time Luke to darth maul. I got the gameplay for when Luke did it to me but I also did it to luke when I was maul and did a choke on him and it threw him to a wall.

https://youtu.be/4nf7JFet1-k
Message 4 of 15 (1,530 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Happens with other characters as well. Just randomly on random maps. Sometimes force shoved into a corner and get stuck, or other ways I suppose. 

Message 5 of 15 (1,522 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This has been reported hundreds of times, it is one of the oldest bugs around. It isn't a one time thing. Besides that I have no info on how to reproduce this, but 2 ideas come to mind:

Try pushing someone onto a very peculiar place, like somewhere a player wouldn't normally enter, like in a tight space between objects.

Or, try a double push, one after the other.

Message 6 of 15 (1,511 Views)

★★ Guide
I’ll put my post from a similar report here:
I have had this whenever I got pushed by Maul. Once had Luke stuck in a corner but he could only get back up when he was attacked. This was on showdown so I couldn’t do anything but watch my team mate die and then get attacked, get back up and melted by Phasma and maul.
I saw this exact same thing happen to another Luke in HvV in the enemy team. Someone from my team force pushed him and he was stuck in the exact same way. He was freed when we attacked him but he died because it was 1v4.
Also sometimes the characters are left crawling on the floor when Maul pushes them but that is fine because when they hit some wall or something, they get back up. But the previous one that I mentioned where Luke gets stuck is annoying.
I also saw this happen on BFUpdates’ livestream to a Leia in showdown lol.
Message 7 of 15 (1,497 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 8 of 15 (1,480 Views)

Champion
Happened to me last week HvV. Yoda on Naboo in the hall way left of the Dark side spawn. and Luke on Bespin and on Naboo. All due to Maul push after landing on the floor.
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 9 of 15 (1,469 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happened to me last night with Darth Maul when he was hit by a grenade I believe. Tossed into a corner unable to move. During GA on Deathstar II command sector north map. Video here : https://youtu.be/PsiOOH8Uaj0

Message 10 of 15 (1,431 Views)