Luke Falling Through Map on Pillio

by CombatEclipse

Original Post

Luke Falling Through Map on Pillio

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
I want to talk about something you don't mention above: I’ve had the game for two days.
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Playing a level in the campaign, specifically the level on Pillio.
How is this making it more difficult? My character falls through the map before the level even starts and the Xbox shuts down if I try to restart.
How can we reproduce this experience? Play the level

Hi,

I’ve been playing Battlefront II for two days (this is my second day) and I can’t progress further than Mission #4.

Whenever I try to play the mission, Luke Skywalker falls through the map before the map even loads in. Whenever I try to restart the mission or go back to the last checkpoint, my Xbox crashes and fully shuts down.

I can’t progress any further right now, hopefully this is fixed very soon.

Message 1 of 26 (11,256 Views)

Re: Luke Falling Through Map on Pillio

★★★ Newbie

Did you end up getting a fix for it? Getting the same issue and it’s frustrating I can’t progress

Message 2 of 26 (11,080 Views)

Re: Luke Falling Through Map on Pillio

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing the same thing on my Xbox One X. As of 3/24/2019 it is not fixed and I cannot go any farther. I have digital version on my external drive so I tried moving the game to internal to see if that would fix it. No it did not and this seriously crashes the console. I might try an uninstall and reinstall, but I feel its something else.

Message 3 of 26 (10,915 Views)

Campaign mode error: Luke falling through map at Pillio

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When playing in campaign mode, I am stuck at the point where you switch from playing Iden Verso to Luke.  When Luke drops into the map, he just falls through the ground and keeps falling forever.  I can't proceed from this point and don't know how to get past the glitch. Many other people have posted about this glitch online, but I haven't seen any solutions to get past it yet.  Does anyone here have a solution? Thanks.

Here's a link to a video someone else posted of this glitch:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlM23cxR3XA

By the way, this is on a PS4 platform.  There is another post with the same issue for XBox, but the issue also presents on PS4. Frown

Message 4 of 26 (10,252 Views)

single player stutter and freeze when character audio playing

★★ Newbie

I went back to play the single player mode on PS4 pro and the game seems to stutter and freeze at points that makes the game unplayable ! it's mostly when character audio is playing funny thing is i've played through the game before and had no such problem ! the problem started after i had the luke falling though floor on Pillio level then i reloaded game and it got worse around the Bespin level ! please fix this problem asap. 

Message 5 of 26 (10,210 Views)

Re: Campaign mode error: Luke falling through map at Pillio

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry for the late reply here Embarrassed

I can confirm that studio is already tracking this issue. Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have any date with a potential fix to share, but I will update this thread once I will know more.

Thank you for reporting this!

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 26 (10,231 Views)

★ Novice

These comments are based on the PS4 platform - others may vary:

From my experience, the glitch DOES NOT OCCUR if you play all the way through the mission the FIRST TIME you encounter it.  In other words, the first time you see the mission playing the game, if you go through the mission without dying or exiting the game, you won't have any issues (you won't even know the glitch is there).

The glitch DOES OCCUR if you start into the mission but you die or have to exit the game before completing it. When you respawn or return to the game later, Luke falls through the ground upon spawning.  

I know this because my friend and I both tried the game and when he played it, he stopped mid mission and came back the next day to resume.  When he resumed, he encountered the glitch and couldn't get past it.  When I tried the game a few days later, I played through the mission without stopping or dying and made it to the next round with no issues.

SOLUTION:  We found we could get around the glitch by rolling back the game to the previous mission. Playing the previous mission sequence and letting it roll directly into the Luke at Pillio mission resulted in no glitch (essentially, it was like encountering the mission for the first time) - we could play through and complete the mission (assuming you don't die). So, the glitch still exists, but it seems this is a temporary work around that might help others stuck in the situation.  Hope it helps.

Message 7 of 26 (10,215 Views)

Community Manager

@PapaBlacksheep1 wrote:

These comments are based on the PS4 platform - others may vary:

SOLUTION:  We found we could get around the glitch by rolling back the game to the previous mission. Playing the previous mission sequence and letting it roll directly into the Luke at Pillio mission resulted in no glitch (essentially, it was like encountering the mission for the first time) - we could play through and complete the mission (assuming you don't die). So, the glitch still exists, but it seems this is a temporary work around that might help others stuck in the situation.  Hope it helps.

Thanks for sharing the workaround, @PapaBlacksheep1!

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 26 (10,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Ataashi Quick question, is this a problem with the disc, the downloaded update or the Xbox itself? Cause I am having the same issue and would like to know what are my options.
Thanks
Message 9 of 26 (9,975 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Taganka100 

It's the problem within the game itself, most likely caused by an update and might require a patch release to be fixed. I'm afraid there's nothing on your side that can be done to completely solve this issue Frown

/Ataashi

Message 10 of 26 (9,970 Views)