Loyalty to the Maker zeta and Battle Meditation interaction

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Pixel 2
OS Version Android 9 Pie
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 572-625-726
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The interaction between HK-47's Loyalty to the Maker zeta and Grand Master Yoda's Battle Meditation seems to not be working as intended. However, the wording is ambiguous, so this might be what was intended.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up a match with Jedi Revan vs Darth Revan with all the zetas, make Yoda the fastest character. Use battle meditation.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

HK-47's Loyalty to the Maker zeta seems like it was obviously targeted at GMY. The zeta portion of the ability reads "If HK-47's leader is Darth revan, enemies with Protection Up can't gain bonus Turn Meter". Yoda's basic, first special and third special all grant bonus TM (40%, 100%, and 35% + 10% for each Jedi ally when zeta'd, respectively). HK-47;s zeta is working properly for the basic and first special. If he has Protection Up when he uses them, he gains no TM. The third special, Battle Meditation, is where the confusion lies.

Battle Meditation reads "Yoda gains Tenacity Up, Protection Up (30%), and Foresight for 2 turns, then grants each ally every non-unique buff he has (excluding Stealth and Taunt) for 2 turns. Yoda grants himself +35% Turn Meter and an additonal +10% Turn Meter for each other living Jedi ally." The ability explicitly states that it grants other allies the buffs AFTER getting Ten Up, Pro Up, and Foresight. It does not explicitly state if the TM gain is supposed to happen before or after the buffs are granted. The fact that the statement comes after the first part about the buffs seems to imply that the TM gain happens afterwards, but the text is ambiguous.

The actual code for the ability goes TM gain > Give Yoda Ten Up, Pro Up, and Foresight > Spread buffs. You can read this on swgoh.gg and this video verifies it: https://youtu.be/QtbeF4U6lQQ?t=20. Obviously, Yoda is gaining TM with this ability. When I first read HK's ability, I was absolutely certain that it's main intended purpose was specifically to block this 85% TM gain. Basically any damage between that and his next turn will wipe out his protection up and makes HK's zeta much less useful. I don't know what was intended, but it seems like this is a bug.

Message 1 of 6 (1,663 Views)

Re: Loyalty to the Maker zeta and Battle Meditation interaction

Community Manager (retired)
Thanks for the report. We submitted this for review with the game team for clarification.
Message 2 of 6 (1,513 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll look forward to seeing the clarification.

Message 3 of 6 (1,455 Views)

★★ Novice
It seems indeed bugged.
If no bonus shield up, gain TM : Intended
If bonus shield and he uses his Aoe buffing special, no TM : Intended
If bonus shield and he used his basic attack, Tm gain : Not Intended
If bonus shield and he uses his Aoe splash attack, tm gain : Not Intended
Message 4 of 6 (1,359 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Also, I was actually wrong about his first special. He does get his bonus turn after his first special, even if he had bonus protection. Again, I'm not sure if this is was as intended or not.

Message 5 of 6 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Novice

has there been an update to this issue? i'm seriously not happy that this zeta does absolutely nothing!

Message 6 of 6 (1,116 Views)