Low Latency Server Browser - High Latency In Game.

by iSharKoSanty

Original Post

Low Latency Server Browser - High Latency In Game.

★ Guide

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug I do not know why but since today in BF1 in all the servers of conquest and Operations in PC in North America I have 155ms when I had before 70ms. It only happens to me in conquest and Operations, assault and TDM goes well 66ms. In the server browser the ping is 66ms on all servers in North America, but when entering the server 155ms. Last week this did not happen to me. It happens whenever they update the game, in the servers of North America and only in the game modes Conquest and Operations
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens in the servers of conquest and operations. Enter Rush and TDM, the ping was 66ms in these game modes
What happens when the bug occurs? Game at the edge of the 160ms ping threshold. When I was playing with an acceptable ping last week. It happens whenever they update the game, in the servers of North America and only in the game modes Conquest and Operations
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Rx 460
Enter RAM memory size in GB 4Gb gddr5

This is not the first time that I report that this happens.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (1,598 Views)

Re: Low Latency Server Browser - High Latency In Game.

EA DICE Team

Hey @iSharKoSanty thanks for the report and information! Standard smile 

It looks like a network issue and just to make its not one can you follow this gude: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

/Atic

Message 2 of 11 (1,559 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @EA_Atic

It was not my connection, it happens every time a patch is released. That same day between BF4 and Titanfall 2 and the ping was 60ms

A couple of days later BF1 normalizes. I think it could be the failure of the servers to be empty those who fill the first days show the bad ping.

Pass with each patch of BF1, also as I say probe enter BF4 and Titanfall 2 and the ping in both games was 60ms

Message 3 of 11 (1,553 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @EA_Atic

The failure continues in some servers in North America.

Between today to conquest and had 60ms of ping.

Enter operations and had 149ms of ping. But in the server search I had 60ms

Look for another operations server and it had 60ms.

It's not my connection, it's something between the server and the server browser

Message 4 of 11 (1,546 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @iSharKoSanty Thanks for the information! 

Can you do an Uo-tracer and send the results to me! 

How to do Uo-tracer: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#testconnection

Also, next time when you start BF1 and get a big ping for the game, can you turn the network graph and take a screenshot of the graph and server instances.

Thanks! 😊

/Atic

Message 5 of 11 (1,522 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @EA_Atic

Here I upload the UOTrace, in addition to the conquest graph with + 161ms and TDM with 70ms

Also after taking these screenshots between a BF4 64p North America server and the ping was 70ms. The problem is in BF1 on some servers

Message 6 of 11 (1,445 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @iSharKoSanty that for coming back to me with information! Standard smile 

So a few items on this one. 

image.png

In red, that is a massive ping spike that would the main reason to why you have issue with playing battlefield 1. I recommend that you contact your ISP and show them this and that there is an issue. 

The blue line is our servers, you have a pretty ping there thanks to the red line above. 

I hope this helps! 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 11 (1,408 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @EA_Atic

But if it only happens in the servers of conquest of BF1 and not in others like TDM, Domination, rush, etc.

If it were my connection, it should not happen with all the servers and not only with the conquest. In addition to passing in other games like BF4 (In BF4 it goes well)

Message 8 of 11 (1,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @EA_Atic

Do not contact my ISP today.

Today to see how was the ping on the conquer servers of BF1, the server browser showed 70ms of ping, in the game had 162ms and to spend 5 minutes under the same game at 65ms.

Very rare that the failure is only in BF1 in conquest servers and operations, BF4 and other games the perfect ping.

I add a UOTrace today after the ping normalized and is the same as the previous one, I also add the network graph after the ping normalized.

This will happen again and I think that if it would be my ISP it should fail in more games and other game modes of BF1, not only in BF1 in conquest.

Message 9 of 11 (1,397 Views)

EA DICE Team

I understand the problem you are pointing out, operations and conquest are the biggest modes that Battlefield 1 have they would also have most data sent between you and our servers.

image.png

And as it stands you still have a 500+ ping spike on average there that means that server/hub is not working as it should and something only your ISP can help with on this.  Everything else looks good from your end.

/Atic 

Message 10 of 11 (1,386 Views)