by COZZABATMAN2000

Original Post

Lot price doesn't update when buying new things

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except ; Bowling NIght Backyard Romantic Garden Spooky Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a big family, try and build and expencive house in build mode with the family funds.
What happens when the bug occurs? Place objects in build mode, price of lot doesnt change/update, Leave buildmode and reenter, still doesnt update
What do you expect to see? The lot price should update as you place objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The price of the lot wont update at all, even after closing and repoening build mode and exiting to main menu, and also when you exit the game completely and re-open. It is stuck on a single number and it wont change.
I try to place expencive objects to see if the lot price will change, it doesnt, I exit and re-enter build mode, it doesnt fix it. I have also tried to exit to main menu and exit the game and both still have the same number as the price of the lot when I re-enter.
This makes it imposible to finish the mansion barron aspiration, which I am trying to do in my 100 baby chalenge world to gain aspiration points for my matriarch.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (1,183 Views)

Re: lot price

Hero
@COZZABATMAN2000 Do you mean the number on the aspiration is stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,176 Views)

★★ Novice

No the lot price itself is stuck so the aspiration won't finish.

Message 3 of 9 (1,166 Views)

Hero
@COZZABATMAN2000 For me it doesn't update while I'm in build mode but once I switch to live mode and back it does and the aspiration does as well.

Did you try multiple families ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,140 Views)

Champion

@COZZABATMAN2000 @crinrict I also was able to see the lot value and aspiration updated once I was back in live mode.  I did notice that it didn't update while the game was paused, then I hit play and poof!

Before:

Mansion Baron 1.png

After:

Mansion Baron 2.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 9 (1,137 Views)

★★ Novice

I have only tried a few families, all of which being families I've played for quite a while and have a decent size family tree with. And all of those families it just won't update.

It is very upsetting to see for families that I have spent so many hours on.

I have also tried with newer families since posting the original and they seem to work the way you have described, but the ones with a bigger family tree all dont work for me.

Message 6 of 9 (1,126 Views)

Hero
@COZZABATMAN2000 Have you tried moving them out and back in to see if that solves the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,107 Views)

★★ Novice

Not yet, I will try and reply when I get home.

Message 8 of 9 (1,086 Views)

Lot Value not updating

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work Get Together City Living Cats & Dogs Seasons Get Famous Spa Day Dine Out Cool Kitchen Stuff Spooky Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Laundry Day Stuff Tiny Living Stuff Paranormal Stuff Courtyard Oasis Kit Country Kitchen Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Open a lot in build mode and note the lot value 2. Add items to the house or build rooms to increase the lot value 3. Check the lot value
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot value does not update while it build mode. I have to go out to manage world and then come back in to build mode to see the updated lot value.
What do you expect to see? I expect the lot value to update to reflect what is currently on the lot as I build in build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been taking a break from playing Sims 4 since the middle of July.  In mid-July, the lot value would occasionally stop updating while in build mode.  Back then, if I exited to manage worlds and then come back to build mode, the lot value would start updating again (or I might've needed to restart the game, not just exit to manage worlds, I don't remember).  I started playing again yesterday and the lot value now never updates while I'm in build mode.  

Message 9 of 9 (890 Views)