Lost treasure hunt progress and SimCash from festival when switching devices

by sarahmattar

Original Post

Lost treasure hunt progress and SimCash from festival when switching devices

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12 pro, iPad Pro
OS Version iOS 15, iPadOS 15
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Begin gameplay on an iPad, signed into game Center, and continue on an iPhone. Leave the iPad for a period of time, it may be a few days, and when you go to pick up the iPad, it will revert both the game stayed on the iPhone and the iPad to the previous state which was saved on the iPad only. This results in a lot of game progress loss, and often times rewards like SimCash as well. This time I lost 10 SimCash and a lot of progress in the treasure hunt after I had played on my iPhone for a few days, and then logged into the Sims mobile on my iPad. This is really unacceptable.
What do you expect to see? Saved gameplay should be retained by both devices, and The current state of play should update on the device that has not been used in a few days rather than resetting gameplay back to the previous state on the occasionally used device. Both Devices are 5G connected, so there is no issue with Internet connection and Wi-Fi availability.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

I play the Sims mobile on an iPhone and an iPad, both with IOS /iPadOS 15, and on several occasions when I have resume the game on my iPad after a couple of days of playing on my iPhone, I have lost the game progress that I have made on my phone: It is reverted back to the previous state that the iPad’s game was in. This time I lost treasure hunt progress and levels from the Sim festival (which included $10 of SimCash). I’m really over this, this is not the first time that I’ve had a significant setback in my game progress due to a handoff that should occur seamlessly between devices via Game Center and the The game saving its state at regular intervals. It is a waste of time and energy that one puts into the game just to lose it when you switch devices. 

6am this morning from iPhone:

4C61F4F6-1EC2-4D1A-AEA3-1238EBDF3F31.png

8pm this evening from ipadPNG image.png

Message 1 of 4 (506 Views)

Re: Lost treasure hunt progress and SimCash from festival when switching devices

Hero
@sarahmattar Sorry to hear this. ☹️ Are you using only Game Center or is your game linked to EA account/FB/ Twitter etc. for cloud save?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (483 Views)

Re: Lost treasure hunt progress and SimCash from festival when switching devices

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just took a look, it looks like it is only being saved via GameCenter at the moment between the two devices, I am not logged into EA. Is EA connect more reliable than GameCenter?

Message 3 of 4 (444 Views)

Hero
@sarahmattar It does not hurt to have another backup option.

TSM has been unstable for longer time now and not sure if your issue is related to Game Center or just the overall issues with game at the moment which seem to have gradually gotten worse.

Personally I have Game Center and EA account linked to my game but I don’t really play with multiple devices. Maybe twice a year I’ve had a situation that I’ve played shortly with iphone instead of ipad. Reading players comments here, there seems to be more risk that something goes wrong when switching devices. 🙁

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (403 Views)