Lost all my carreer and sponsor progress

by WatDaFrag

Original Post

Re: Lost all my carreer and sponsor progress

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have just had this issue, exactly as described above. I am on Series X and my XBOX ID is DJTwilightUK

Message 51 of 105 (2,077 Views)

★★ Novice
@DJ_TwilightUK I haven't played the game since it happened to me. I want to know whether they're at least going to restore progress before I risk making the problem worse/have it reset again.
Message 52 of 105 (2,046 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just curious about this one. I had the same issues myself a while ago after taking part in an online event, but since then I just had the patience to start to slowly recomplete career mode with no issues at all since I just stopped competing in the online challenge races. You guys that it had happened to, did this occur after taking part in the online challenges?

Message 53 of 105 (2,024 Views)

★★ Novice
@doomrunner666 I always go offline the moment the game attempts to connect at launch as I have no interest in the multiplayer.
Message 54 of 105 (2,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just had this happen to me after playing through a career event. Steam, offline.

After leaving the career event select screen, there was another set of menus pre-race to start the race (alongside the list of racers, I think). There I went into Options and changed the game difficulty. The game prompted me to restart the race for the difficulty changes to take effect, so I did. After completing that event, I lost career progression percentage.

Going by what happened here and from what I've read, it's highly suspected that the cause is finishing a race that has been restarted (also if you choose Restart at the end of a race).

Message 55 of 105 (1,936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I ask me when they finally bring out a patch/hot fix for this.

Its a bit of a shame that they leave us with such a game breaking bug over such a "long" time...

Message 56 of 105 (1,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

As a developer, i can totally understand Codemasters. I reported the bug in July, but basically nobody got my same problem because not so much people was playing the game. It started gaining visibility when other people had the same issue (exactly when they gifted it on prime gaming). It takes time to find and fix the bug, and you basically have to count since when our community manager asked us for save game files. It is luckily not so game breaking, you can continue unlocking stuff.. I am waiting for a fix since July, but i can understand that maybe there were other priorities 

Message 57 of 105 (1,876 Views)

★★ Novice
@WatDaFrag the main issue I have with this is that myself and two others are completely willing to help by supplying their saves as requested yet they're not reaching out at all, nor are they responding to messages since the offer.
Message 58 of 105 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kent I am still yet to recieve a reply to this question and I have seen that I am not the only one. I understand that you must be busy but a month has now passed from my last post. I have updated the game today with the new content and am looking forward to giving the new bits a whirl but I am still yet to recieve any input as to how to combat this progress bug. We are all being very patient here and there may be nothing that can be done but if that is the case please just tell us! Im sure many others in this thread would appreicate some feedback on what is being done to resolve this.

Message 59 of 105 (1,648 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello EA_Kent,

The newest patch 4.0 didn’t fix this crucial issue. I did 3 races in the PRO career within the TUNER Section. I won the races and this time on the left side the box with the trophy/tick-box for “Finish the race on the 1st place” has been ticked and has a green marker. The progress in the career screen went up. It even stayed after quitting the game and restart the game. But probably this was just luck.

In all other career categories the progress is still not counted correctly. And because you need 10 finished categories in the PRO career section to unlock the gauntlet, the gauntlet is still locked. Despite the fact I really have finished all PRO career categories.

I understand that developers block some content with progression, but in this case content for us is totally blocked. I don’t want to re-drive all categories again just to hope that the progress does count correctly to unlock the gauntlet category.

Why can’t the developers put some code into the game which re-counts all won races and then updates the progress correctly for us.

Message 60 of 105 (1,361 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help