Lost all Skins and Legends

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 3090
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32Gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? m0xin
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Started the game via steam
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Started the game via steam
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11.01.23 17.00 CET
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? All my cosmetics was gone when I loggen into the game. I have downloaded the game on both steam and Origin which presents the same results....all my stuff is GONE....
What should be happening instead? Keep my cosmetics
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?

All my cosmetics is gone, rep said that no purchase can be found prior to 30 days......Have not made any purchase in the last 30 days but had several bought skins and grinded currency to unlock numerous skins over the years Not to mention Mythic Bloodhound skin and Bloodhound Heirloom....Maxed out Battle Passes with all the exclusive skins etc etc......Frown

As of now I have Zero confidence to spend any more money at all towards EA. So if you want my money just fix it or I will Never spend a penny more. 

Message 1 of 30 (3,097 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost all Skins and Legends

★★★★★ Novice

I was in contact with EA Help over at twitter. A rep called Bob helped me and we had a conversation that was 3 hours long.

He was really helpful and got all my progress back! There seemed to be several EA idConfused on my account which seems to play a part in the error. 

He was not sure what really happened, there seems to be some sync error between Steam and Origin which happened during the connection problems one week ago. 

If you have problems like this I recommend you to take contact with @EaHelp. 

Bob is Da MAN!

Thank you once again!

View in thread

Message 15 of 30 (3,433 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@m0xin 

Have you recently unlinked any accounts from your EA account?

This can result in data loss, reconnecting the account might bring the data back.

Message 2 of 30 (3,083 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@XHelperZ No link or relink at all for many months unfortunately.
Message 3 of 30 (3,077 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@m0xin I also have the same problem, no link/unlink either =(
Message 4 of 30 (3,058 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @m0xin @j0k3rfive,

Thanks for the reports.

Have either of you updated your EA ID or nickname recently, whether through the app directly or on this account page

Or alternatively have you contacted in recently to have accounts combined or merged?

Mako.png
Message 5 of 30 (3,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have not made any changes to my account since june 2022. That was to cancel my Nintendo Online account. That is about it. I have linked Nintendo, PSN, Xbox Live and Steam and have not made any changes for months to years. Yesterday the account was Reset. All Cosmetics was gone. I have my achievements still and badges and level, which should tell EA/Respawn that I have played the game through the years. Seems to be some algorithm that have been wacked of? My gaming for this is frozen since I dont know if it ever will come back or If all is lost?!

That this can happen at all and that customer support states, "Sorry I cant help you, please file a Bug report" Have at the least made me both anxious and angry. Does EA dont have any backups of the profiles at all? 

Still hoping to get this fixed ofc.

EDIT: To clarify, all cosmetics, Banners, Legends, Weapon skins, Heirlooms etc that you need to unlock with cash/grind/Battlepass are Locked as would be expected in a new account. But I have levels and achiements and Badges still there, which indicate my 700+ hours playtime in the game...

Message 6 of 30 (3,037 Views)

Community Manager
Thank you for the added details @m0xin.

That's definitely highly unusual to say the least and we're looking to have this checked into further, but I don't have any other info currently.
Mako.png
Message 7 of 30 (3,028 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I thank you for this answer, It at least gives me some hope. Looking forward for some progress in the matter,

Message 8 of 30 (3,024 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Mako I have not made any changes recently, only thing i can think of is installing the EA app and trying to play there. But it wouldn't connect so i played on steam instead.

It was fine all the way until I couldn't connect on steam anymore, so I tried playing on the EA app and thats when I lost everything =(

I still have apex coins and stats... but no more cosmetics of legends.

Has this happened before?
Is it a patch we should be looking out for?
Do we make a ticket?
Should I stop playing until this is resolved? (maybe its easier to fix?)

Thanks
Message 9 of 30 (3,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@TTV_Daddysnipes have had the exact same problem occur on the PSN platform. This isnt an isolated case it seems.

Message 10 of 30 (2,989 Views)