Lost Crystals in Arena due to Darth Revan Bug

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iphone 7
OS Version 12.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 222622523
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I reported this to customer service, but they told me I had to post here to be compensated. For most of last week, Darth Revan/Malak teams were next to impossible to beat with JKR. Top 20 teams were literally impossible. I saw in the update notes that Darth Revan was bugged and that had been fixed, so I suspect that was the issue. I went from being first every day to not being able to get through the top 20 back, then back to first after the bug was fixed. In the meantime, I spent about 1,000 crystals on refreshes one day trying to get through the top 20. Overall, I lost somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 crystals as a result of the bug. I'd like to recoup that if I can. I don't mind losing a fair fight. But it's very frustrating to lose that many crystal as a result of the game not operating as it should.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iphone
OS Version 12.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 222622523
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I reported this to customer service, but they told me I had to post here to be compensated. For most of last week, Darth Revan/Malak teams were next to impossible to beat with JKR. Top 20 teams were literally impossible. I saw in the update notes that Darth Revan was bugged and that had been fixed, so I suspect that was the issue. I went from being first every day to not being able to get through the top 20 back, then back to first after the bug was fixed. In the meantime, I spent about 1,000 crystals on refreshes one day trying to get through the top 20. Overall, I lost somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 crystals as a result of the bug. I'd like to recoup that if I can. I don't mind losing a fair fight. But it's very frustrating to lose that many crystal as a result of the game not operating as it should.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Message 1 of 8 (413 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost Crystals in Arena due to Darth Revan Bug

EA Live QV Team

Hi @HerderOfNerf and thank you for the reply and explanation, makes sense now.

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do. We've checked our logs for the time and it is all looking normal and nothing unusual sticks out. As for compensation, that is up to our Customer Support. If you notice something similar again, it would be good to notify us here during that time so we can investigate in real time. Sorry that we can't be more helpful at this point.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (322 Views)

All Replies

Hi, sorry to hear you were having trouble in arena. Can you describe the issue you were having?

The Darth Revan bug that was fixed had nothing to do with arena - he was applying death Mark to invalid targets. So there were no arena bugs that were fixed on 5/1.

Other than "being unable to win" versus Darth Revan + Malak squads with your Jedi Revan team, can you provide any details about what bugs you experienced?

I know that DR+Malak is a very difficult match for Jedi Revan to beat without a substantial mod advantage. Is it possible you just had a string of bad luck?

★★★ Novice

I don't think it was bad luck. I do have a significant mod advantage over all but maybe three players in my shard. You can see my mods here. https://swgoh.gg/p/222622523/

Even against lower tier DR/Malak teams, I would kill fallen bast before she got a turn. Kill SiT. Kill HK. Then DR and Malak would destroy my team. I was losing to teams I had 100% win rate against over and over. The reason I thought it was related to that bug is sometimes I would use Jolee's revive and one or two characters in addition to JKR would not revive. 

I posted about it in my guild alliance chat and shard chat and other players running JKR at the top of their shards said they had a similar experience. 

Message 3 of 8 (401 Views)

I suppose it's possible. However the bug in question was patched on 5/1. The previous update was 4/24 - so ostensibly the bug existed for a minimum of a week. However it looks like you didn't have any trouble getting first place from 4/24-4/30. I just see the one day when you weren't 1 or 2.

Perhaps QA can shed more light into the bug and when it occurred, but your arena rank history seems to indicate a one day issue, which seems more in line with really bad luck or having some unmodded characters that day, rather than a game bug that was introduced without any patch.

★★★ Novice

That timeframe coincides with the issues I had. I was able to go around teams for the most part. But for about a week, I went from beating every DR/Malak team to not being able to beat any. The one day I finished 16, I had no options other than DR/Malak and spent roughly 1,000 crystals on refreshes trying to break through.

Message 5 of 8 (380 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @HerderOfNerf and thank you for the report.

Not sure what exactly the issue is you are having. We've checked your Arena ranks for last week and apart from May 2nd (where you came in 16th) and May 3rd (when you placed 2nd) you finished at rank 1.

The bug we fixed in the May 1st update was PvE related and had nothing to do with Arena performance of Darth Revan. Could you explain further why do you think there was an issue with Darth Revan?

Message 6 of 8 (353 Views)

★★★ Novice

It wasn't necessarily DR, but the team was not performing as it normally does. For about a week, I was completely overmatched against DR/Malak teams. The dates coincide with the dates between updates. During that time, I couldn't even beat the worst teams that I previously had a 100% win rate against. And after the update, everything performed as normal. On most of those days, I was able to go around DR/Malak teams, or ask shard mates to drop mods to help me out. Since the last update, I've been able to beat everyone as I normally would. I haven't changed mods or tactics. It just seems very strange that the performance of that team could be night and day different between updates without some kind of anomalous interaction taking place.

Message 7 of 8 (336 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @HerderOfNerf and thank you for the reply and explanation, makes sense now.

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do. We've checked our logs for the time and it is all looking normal and nothing unusual sticks out. As for compensation, that is up to our Customer Support. If you notice something similar again, it would be good to notify us here during that time so we can investigate in real time. Sorry that we can't be more helpful at this point.

Message 8 of 8 (323 Views)