Lost Achievements in Prestigious Quests

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone
OS Version 11.4.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 196-228-411
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Lost Achievements from Prestigious Quests
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Toggle between one quest to another
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

So I’m not sure if this is the correct platform to post this, and I apologize if it isn’t, but I’m not sure where to post as customer service was not helpful in directing me where to go specifically. Also, I apologize if this is not a bug per se, but it is an issue that has not happened in the past.

Previously in prestigious quests we were we’re able to toggle from one quest to another without losing accomplishments and achievements. Recently since Grand Arena was launched, I was curious to see what the quests were needed to achieve in the Grand Arena so I toggled from one quest to another. In doing so, I lost all accomplishments and achievements from Bounty Hunter 1/7 where I completed 500/500 leader contracts for Boba Fett. This was an extremely time consuming effort as this just cannot be autoed and must be played out to ensure the leader contract is indeed fulfilled.

I made an email notice to EA SWGOH customer support and was told they could do nothing. Being dissatisfied with that response, called in to speak on the same issue from that previous case (#45359258). I spoke to a representative (case #45374716) that made me feel that he was going to send me a link to another level of customer support. Instead I received a link to the forum. I am utterly disappointed as I feel this was nothing but a brush off of a player that has been active for almost 3 years and has spent money on this game. As your client and customer I have contemplated quitting this game as this really made me feel that I do not matter to customer support or EA as a whole.

So, I am following through with their request and posting into the forum. I have also sent in another customer service request (#45375802) citing the two previous case numbers. I’m honestly not sure where else to go as this has really left me feeling defeated. The time invested into playing 500 battles is probably close to 2 months time as this is not a leader I can use on a regular basis and must wait for the appropriate times to use it (galactic war, DS TB, etc). I’m really at a loss and don’t know what I can do, but I am hoping that someone from customer support or the development team will reach out in an effort to make this right. I have also posted a 1 star review for this app now based on this experience. Please, someone help.

Message 1 of 8 (296 Views)

Re: Lost Achievements in Prestigious Quests

★★ Apprentice

If you "Abandon" the prestigious quests, you will lose all progress of that part. For example, if you are in part 2 of Bounty Hunter, then abandon that quest, then rejoin that quest, you should have part 1 finished, but start at 0 for part 2. This was posted on the EA forums as 'working as intended'. 

'Abandoning' a quest should not cancel your previous quest phase progress, but it will cancel all current progress of the current phase of a prestigious quest.

Message 2 of 8 (291 Views)

★ Novice

As I said in the post, this did not happen previously. I checked and tested it when minimal achievements were completed as to not lose significant progress.

Message 3 of 8 (288 Views)

I did something similar, albeit with a different quest whose progress was not as time-consuming.

The game does give a pop-up warning that all progress for the current tier would be lost, and you accepted that. Frown

For me, the loss of the Wampa kills would be worse than the BH contracts!

★ Novice

Again, this did not happen prior to the release of Grand Arena and the new prestigious quests when I tested it.

Message 5 of 8 (273 Views)

Did you have any progress on the other presigious quests that you'd abandoned?

Some progress can't be lost, like "Get Boba Fett to Gear XII". If you abandon that one and restart it, you will immediately re-earn it because it's a static condition of the game.

I never abandoned one of the quests before, so I can't speak to whether or not that behavior changed. I asked in my alliance, asked in the forums, (got wrong answers in both places), abandoned the quest, clicked "I understand I'll lose all progress", and sure enough I lost all progress.

I do wish there were a way to view the quest requirements prior to accepting the quest - but that's more of a "Feedback" request than a bug report.

★ Novice

I’m pretty confident it wasn’t something related to character gear levels or anything that would be a static achievement. But this also was when prestigious quests first came out so I am also unaware of a glitch or bug was not causing the events to be abandoned. I guess I’m just here to throw myself on the mercy of the forum and devs as customer support was clearly zero help.

Message 7 of 8 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I abandoned my BH prestigious Quest to enable the GA quest. I got the pop-up saying all progress would be lost. I enabled the GA quest. Then abandoned that and went back to BH quest and all progress had been lost/reset (except for static stuff like gear, 7 stars, etc.). This is my understanding of how it's suppose to work and it worked as intended for me. (I disabled BH again and went back to GA.)

Message 8 of 8 (252 Views)