Original Post

Loss of controller function

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug No access to all abilities except run and jump
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Daijooky
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? O3/14/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 9:45 A.M.
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Usually occurs after getting hit while attempting to use one of your own abilities.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lose all access to special abilities, blocking and attacking. You can only run and jump.
What do you expect to see? It corrected so that a strike on you at just the right time and under the right circumstances renders you a targetable spectator.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NA

This isn't the first time this has happened. But I did notice, this time, that it occurred as I was struck with a lightsaber while attempting to utilize one of my abilities. Usually I end up having to run away, or try to respawn if possible.  Really frustrating because you end up either dying or watching your teammates die. And so far only responding corrects it, which doesn't work if you're the target.

Message 1 of 2 (275 Views)

Re: Loss of controller function

★★★★★ Expert

Could you be more specific @DaiJooky ? Or share a video clip showing this? The only BUG I know that has a similar effect to what you're describing is Anakin's Interrupted Retribution BUG ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Interrupted-Retribution-BUG-Anakin-can-only-Passionate-Strike/... ), where if he gets interrupted as he attempts to use retribution, he loses the ability to do anything besides walking, dodging, and using Passionate Strike.

By specific I mean which character(s) were you using, which ability(ies) you used that triggered this BUG. The cause for it is also nice, but that's the hardest to find, so clues are welcome as well.

Message 2 of 2 (252 Views)