Losing connection to server

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
Please select your region South America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? I was in free play I was on my way to a world event
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Free play
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/17/19
Summarize your bug This is like the third or fourth time this is happened to me since the new update you could be just flying through free play or doing A world event and suddenly lose connection to server I am eastern time zone
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try playing a session in Free play and tried doing a world event
What happens when the bug occurs? You get kicked
What should be happening instead? I should not be losing connection to the server

I keep getting kicked from FreePlay either I’m just flying around or trying to do a world event or a mark target the camera freezes and all of a sudden you are kicked out of free play I keep losing out on potential good drops of legendary gear or  I keep getting kicked from FreePlay either I’m just flying around or trying to do a world event or a Mark target the camera freezes and all of a sudden you are kicked out of FreePlay I keep losing out on potential good drops of legendary gear or Components

Message 1 of 7 (575 Views)

Re: Losing connection to server

★ Pro
@BKMAC442 I do not work for EA. I would not hold my breath waiting for EA to take seriously your bug report and address it. Having experienced the same issue and after having followed all their troubleshooting advice they will tell you that you should contact your ISP because the problem is with them. It might be true in some but not in all cases. In addition, you do not lose your connection when you are playing other games.
Message 2 of 7 (550 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm with Daemontonio. 

I have submitted reports with pingplots etc to the forum here and shown that the crashes are often linked in frequency to time of day.  

I have ZERO input or response from Community staff, let alone a Dev. 

Nothing I do corrects it.

I played the game flawlessly with no issues and then this problem started after one of their updates. 

I am honestly uncertain if it is due to server capacity and them being cheap, or a routing problem. I need the address for the actual game cluster not just EASO (which has terrible routing).

I am aware from discord that others are having the same issue. I'm in Australia. I have zero problems on large video conferences I host, other games etc. I don't drop packets locally or have congestion. Anthem is the only problem program.

I know of guys in the US having the same issue.

Honestly I'm feds up with it as it has made the game unplayable in my regular playtime.

Message 3 of 7 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

In Russia, there is the same problem. It started after patch 1.4.0. But the developers persistently do not recognize this and bring it down to local Internet providers ...Namely gentlemen, there are connection problems with this game!

Message 4 of 7 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Im not sure if posting here even helps. Perhaps we need to keep pushing this out publicly or if EA has a proper ticket support process all put submissions in that way.

It's a shame because they are screwing over their own game by discouraging players and creating more negative press.

Message 5 of 7 (513 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Quasinerdo In the Russian forum, we created a topic so that more players would leave an answer on this problem, namely connecting to the game’s servers as an “unknown error”, and pass this problem on to the developers so that they would listen to this problem and fix it. ..Something like this..
Message 6 of 7 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Welcome to the club friend!

I've been experiencing this kind of error since the game launched. Try to repair it, sometimes for me it works to reinstall it...

Message 7 of 7 (481 Views)