Losing all keyboard and mouse input

by The_Fromage

Original Post

Re: Losing all keyboard and mouse input

★★★ Novice

I'll chime in on this.  I have the same issue.  Corsair K70 keyboard and Razer Viper mouse. Corsair and Razer software installed.  Do better EA/Dice. 

Message 141 of 314 (886 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've done some testing, and it seems the issue reproduces more readily while the game is building shaders on the first time loading a map after a patch, clearing the cache folder, or re-installing video drivers. This seems to affect weaker CPUs and in-game settings do not matter. I was able to mitigate this by killing all background applications before running BF2042, but it still happened on first time visits to a map, or the first match of the game.

To reproduce:
Open your task manager, so you can see CPU load.

1. Clear your BF2042 cache in your documents folder. default: C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Battlefield 2042\cache
2. Open the game and load into a game of All Out Warfare
3. Watch your CPU, and when you've spawned, run to a busy part of the map

Results: The CPU hits 100% and KB+M input becomes unresponsive for 20 seconds to 2 minutes. Issue is reproducible multiple times in the same map as the game loads and builds the shader cache.

Expected Results: Game manages CPU well enough to not have the input thread hang.

@EA_Atic for visibility

Playing the same map again does not cause the input to hang, but going to a *different map* requires a shader cache build and WILL hang.

We're stuck waiting for a patch for this. 

Message 142 of 314 (844 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem.  I also use a Mayflower O2 Rev.B ODAC as a headphone amplifier.  I've read that others having the same problem have it go away when they stop using the ODAC.  And not just the Mayflower one, but other headphone AMP/DACs.

Symptom is that it gets stuck on whatever input was set (ie. shooting, running forward, turning left, etc.) for 15-30 seconds.  Then you get control for a minute or so again, then it gets stuck again.  The game will not accept any input from anything, but Windows is fine.  You can alt-tab out, do whatever you want, but the game will still not accept input.  There was another thread elsewhere that said they actually saw that the game had switched inputs thinking the ODAC was a valid USB input device and then switched back to the mouse/KB, but I haven't looked to verify that.

Can't play until this is patched.  Sucks cause I was an early adopter and had a big group looking to play competitively.

Message 143 of 314 (839 Views)

★ Novice

Found a solution for myself. Turns out i had Vjoy installed on my machine from years ago when i was using voice attack. I noticed when I had Device manager open that 1: Vjoy was installed and 2: Every time the issue happened, the device manager would refresh. 

uninstalled Vjoy, ensured no other devices were plugged in (i did have a hilarious moment where the game picked up my joystick and throttle and i was spinning in circles till i unplugged them), deleted my BF2042 folder in MyDocuments, booted up and issue no longer persists.

Message 144 of 314 (763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@everyone So, BF2042 had an update today... I played 4 beautiful games of RUSH, and once I left the server to update my weapons... BOOM! Right back to the same Dookie. The Exact same issue. Absolutely no resolution. I am sick of it. 

Message 145 of 314 (737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Left and Right mouse movement doesn't work after the update. Up and down works fine but not L or R. Tried resetting to defaults and rebooting, still doesn't work.

Message 146 of 314 (725 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Nitrousoxsys I had the same issue... Here's the solution, go to your documents folder... open Battlefield 2042 folder... settings folder... and then delete the PROFSAVE files within. You will have to reset your in game key binds, but this resolved the issue for me.
This update however, did not solve the intermittent loss of control but I was able to play a few games without any freezing. Hope this helps!
Message 147 of 314 (717 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Found a fix that works for me - eliminates the 2-3 second input lockup that occurs when i7-8700k spikes up to 100%: turn off Threaded Optimization.

Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings -> BF2042.exe (click Add and find in game directory if not in the drop-down menu) -> Threaded Optimization -> Off.

Hope this helps some of you - being ALMOST able to play is maddening. 

NOTE: I lost ~10-15 fps after doing this (down to around 60) but experienced zero stuttering.

Game settings: High @ 1440p

Intel i7-8700k

Asus ROG GTX 1080

32GB Dominator Platinum 3200Mhz

CPU/GPU/RAM Overclocked

Message 148 of 314 (655 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Nitrousoxsys @H0B0J0EJ0E deleting infantry.conceptyaw entries from PROFSAVE_profile also seems to fix that issue.
Message 149 of 314 (613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I didn't get this issue of input constantly locking up in beta but starting experiencing this only in 2042 ever since early access and still happening now. It's ridiculous that this issue is still in the game.

Message 150 of 314 (608 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help