Re: Losing all keyboard and mouse input

by radboy16

Original Post

Champion

Hmm,

1. Close Origin.

Alright Navigate here: C:\ProgramData\Origin (ProgramData is a hidden folder)

Delete all the folder except LocalContent

Run the game to test.

2. Disconnect any controllers you may have or other input devices that is not KB and M. (Including virtual devices)

Test the game.

3. Clean boot windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

Then test the game. (if this option works it means some kind of app is affecting your inputs while in game.)

4. Follow my guide to check you have the latest drivers for your usb ports on your motherboard.

Once you find your manufacturer website locate your chipset drivers and your USB drivers to install.

https://tiberiusmoon.github.io/Tibs-Guide-to-Windows-10/

Then test game.

Message 71 of 314 (914 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@The_Tibber It has nothing to do with our input methods or attached usb devices. Multiple people here have followed your instructions for removing all input, and it does NOT work. If that was the issue, this would happen in other games. This issue also happens when using Bluetooth controllers. ANY input to the game stops working.
Message 72 of 314 (874 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Iv tried everything that has been suggested, none of them have fixed the problem. so much for my 10 hour free trial thing spent almost all of it messing around with this no input problem :/ hope a fix for this is coming soon i enjoy the game but this bug is literally killing the game for me and is so infuritating! going to hold off on buying till i know this issue has been fixed.

Message 73 of 314 (864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue with every game mode and it happens 2 to 4 times a game. Whatever the last command was on my key board or mouse gets stuck for a minute or 2. Then after that its just the window key that works.

Message 74 of 314 (1,176 Views)

★ Apprentice

So, im going to resume my case.

Im in 496.76, i tried everything listed, no origin in game,
disconnected ALL devices exept mouse & Keyboard,
clean boot,
Latest drivers on my USB ports
Test with and without DirectX12
Test with the game in high and medium priorities
Unplug/plug an unthinkable number of times 
I don't have a controller

i "repare" the game too

really, i'v tried everything i could find both there and on Reddit.

2 things i noticed :
it happens oftenly in my second games and seems to be worth as times and geames goes on, still it happens in the first one sometime, so rebooting my pc for every round isn't viable, i'v tested with everything at once, and it seems that when i unplug my keyboard (so just my mouse) it didn't seems to happen, but when i plug my keyboard it happens intantly (it was the fourth server i went in without rebooting because i was testing all that) 
If someone can test it as well to see if the problem come from keyboards, well.. i'll be happy ?
By the way, anything happens since then in the "other side" @EA_Atic ?
I'm not gonna lie, im pretty upset that it happens, but i hope the global launch players won't suffer to much from it. It makes the game unplayable.
i'll be around to see if someone test my theorie or if there is any advancement.
Again, excuse my imperfect English.

Message 75 of 314 (1,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah I'm done wasting my time trying to figure this out. Yesterday it happened in my first two matches then it didn't happen for the rest of the play session.

This is so game breaking that I'm curious to see what happens when more people get their hands on it.

It cannot be blamed on our systems because this does not happen on any other game.

Message 76 of 314 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have been having this problem in a limited capacity, until the recent patch which made the game unplayable for me.

I've narrowed it down to my Razer Orbweaver and some sort of controller interference. I unbound every controller keybind (which took a while) but have been playing for two hours now without the issue happening.

Hope this may help some of you keyboard/mouse players out.

Message 77 of 314 (1,047 Views)

★ Apprentice

This issue needs some hard troubleshooting as soon as possible. This issue happened in beta, and still isn't fixed. I'm experiencing this issue on every match, and input is taking minutes to resume.

16 GB @ 3200 mhz
Corsair Strafe RGB
Death Adder v2

Game is running off of an M.2 Drive

3 Displays, primary is showing the game, mirrored to TV, other monitor is not doing anything.

This looks like a problem with the game client and directInput to me.

Message 78 of 314 (1,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is getting beyond a joke now. hurry up and fix this issue its been a week already. longer if you count the Beta. I have tried for the past 2 hours to get some games in and its just unplayable now.. every couple of minutes the controls will just freeze up an for a minute or two.. seems to have gotten worse since the patch today..

Plz hurry i want to play Battlefield not Buggyfield...

Message 79 of 314 (989 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Game unplayable.... Fix the freakin Controls pls... it's annoying.... every Respawn my Controls are *.... always need to wait 1-2 minutes till its sorted out automatically till the next death.... hate to play with a controller on a PC.... 

Message 80 of 314 (915 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help