Original Post

Re: Freezing my mouse and keyboard

Message 31 of 314 (1,816 Views)

Re: Keyboard and mouse stop doing anything in game

Message 32 of 314 (1,835 Views)

Re: Losing all keyboard and mouse input

Guardian
@radboy16 Same issue for me.

If I'm holding W to move forward as it happens, I lose the ability to cancel movement, can't hit escape to the menu and my character ( or vehicle ) just continues moving forward sometimes for a few seconds, more often for minutes at a time.

It's gotten me killed so many times now that playing it feels like I have to constantly fight with the game to try to have one..single..round where it doesn't happen and I can play normally.

I've tried all kinds of things to try to fix it yet nothing worked.
• setting bf2042 to run as admin
• disabling origin ingame overlay
• adding bf2042 to windows exploit protection settings and making it ignore the windows default
• disabling / enabling raw mouse input via control panel and also ingame.
• trying different keyboards and mice
• plugging into different usb ports.

This game really needs a patch to fix this issue, it's not just here I've seen reports of it either, people ingame have said they encounter the same issue and also folks on reddit.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Battlelog EN Volunteer Moderator, Coffee connoisseur, Pc Gamer, Modder, Content Creator, EA Gamechanger.
Message 33 of 314 (1,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey everyone,

A quick question what mouse and keybord is everyone using and do you have peripherals connected to the pc? 

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have.

Edit: Did you change your key binds (any changes) and are you running any software with your keyboard?  

/Atic

Message 34 of 314 (1,964 Views)

★ Novice

Yep same issue for me as well. Have tried the solutions people have suggested and it still happens. I have never experienced this before with any other game including other Battlefield games so 100% something is wrong with this game and it's very annoying. Hope this will be fixed soon.

Message 35 of 314 (1,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic In my group of friends, I'm currently the only one with this issue. I have been affected by this in previous iterations of the game and unplugging other USB inputs hasn't solved the problem. (Unplugged everything from my headsets to my VR system).

Haven't personally tested this, but multiple people on threads have been facing the issue on PC even when playing with a controller.

For me my inputs always freeze in the exact same way everytime; It starts with repeating the last known inputs for a period of about 8-10 seconds, then it briefly stops for half a second and freezes again for 8-10 seconds. Then it'll return to normal, but it won't be too long until it acts up again.

Sometimes, I will only encounter this 2-3 times per match, but there have been matches where it's been up in the tens and twenties. Doesn't matter whether I'm walking, flying, swimming or skydiving. Thought it might have had something to do with CPU usage, as it does seem like the game has a pretty high usage, where one time when it froze, my CPU clocked at 100%. But that's only happened once from what I've been able to tell. My CPU is starting to get outdated, but it's still a 6 core and haven't had any problems with other major titles.

Keybinds haven't been changed and the only software I'm running with my devices is Razer Cortex, but the issue still persisted after shutting down the application. From what I've seen myself, the percentage of people experiencing this issue isn't that widespread, but it still feels too common for it to be solely a problem on our end.

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma

Message 36 of 314 (1,914 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem since the launch of the game and  people here resumed my issues pretty well.
for @EA_Atic :

Mouse : Alpha omega Morphee S9

Keyboard : Corsair K55

Other peripheral, i tested with the minimum, only my headset without the mic and my Computer screen.

Didn't change my keybind in any sort and no software with my keyboard that i am aware of. 
Excuse my imperfect English.

Message 37 of 314 (1,901 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic Corsair K55, Razer deathadder V2 (only using razers mouse software not corsairs) Other than that a pair of USB C speakers, a xbox one controller, a USB fan.
Message 38 of 314 (1,855 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was having this issue as well, randomly the controls would stop responding. I unplug the keyboard and mouse and plug them back in and it works again.

Message 39 of 314 (1,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@zer0oftimewhen i unplug my keyboard, it *sometime* fix it... for 20 sec and it still happens after, is it the same for you or it's permanent ?

Ps: i tried it with both just now, and it changes nothing : 2 second after i lost my input.

Message 40 of 314 (1,819 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help