by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Loot Box Lag/Freeze when cycling through loot

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? dartzee
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any part of the map. When looting death box and cycling through the loot with my left humbstick cursor it would freeze and lag super slow when cycling through
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looting a death box
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1-5
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 7/8/2019 and daily since
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I have run into an issue i wonder if others are facing. For starters, I play on Xbox. Ever since the most recent patch went live I have experienced some serious issues when looting body boxes. More times than not when scrolling through all of the loot in the box my cursor will just freeze and lag to the point it makes navigating the boxes almost impossible. Often it corrects itself after a few seconds but other times i have to back out and go back in and even then it has still lagged. I cannot tell you how many times I have died looting in ranked because of the freezing and lag filled looting process. Anyone else experiencing something similar? At first i thought it might be ping. I reset my router and even direct connected my connection versus wifi (200 mbps up and down) and it still hasn't corrected the issue. Please help and this is really ruining my game experience. I have played 1500+ matches and am currently platinum iv and would really hate to just drop everything but would be forced to as this glitch makes it unplayable.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to cycle through loot freely without freezing every time
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try looting death boxes in multiple matches on xbox

First off, love the thread. All of the community responses have been very helpful. With that being said I have run into an issue i wonder if others are facing. For starters, I play on Xbox. Ever since the most recent patch went live I have experienced some serious issues when looting body boxes. More times than not when scrolling through all of the loot in the box my cursor will just freeze and lag to the point it makes navigating the boxes almost impossible. Often it corrects itself after a few seconds but other times i have to back out and go back in and even then it has still lagged. I cannot tell you how many times I have died looting in ranked because of the freezing and lag filled looting process. Anyone else experiencing something similar? At first i thought it might be ping. I reset my router and even direct connected my connection versus wifi (200 mbps up and down) and it still hasn't corrected the issue. Please help and this is really ruining my game experience. I have played 1500+ matches and am currently platinum iv and would really hate to just drop everything but would be forced to as this glitch makes it unplayable.

Message 1 of 8 (1,143 Views)

Re: Loot Box Lag/Freeze when cycling through loot

Community Manager

@dannydartz 

Thanks for the report! Are you also experiencing situations where loot doesn't show up for a few seconds after opening up supply bins?

Which datacenter are you connecting to?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey yes sometimes that does happen as well. Also my legends movements are laggy and sometimes freeze for a second. My data center changes betweeb New York and Virginia. Most of the errors happen on Virginia. I am based out of new jersey FYI

Message 3 of 8 (1,116 Views)

Community Manager

@dannydartz 

Thanks for the info that will be helpful for the team. Do you want to give these steps a shot to see if they have any improvement in game for you? If you haven't done a power cycle lately, that's always recommended every so often and yields pretty solid results.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've done all that and it's still happening 

Message 5 of 8 (1,094 Views)

Community Manager

@dannydartz 

Do you have the game installed on an external hard drive?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's installed on my normal Xbox memory not externally 

Message 7 of 8 (1,087 Views)

Community Manager

@dannydartz 

Thank you. Would you be able to test out whether you can reduce this from happening by setting the DNS manually on your console to the Google one (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)?

That's been helping out with connectivity issues for other players as well.

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,072 Views)