Long loading time on startup

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia RTX 2060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 Gigabyte
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Plamz DooM
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Startup
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Starting the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? A long 10 - 20 minutes load time on the black loading screen after pressing enter which then displays an error. Once error displayed and I enter the game again, it immediately loads into the lobyy.
What should be happening instead? Previously only took less than a minute and typically no errors
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know.

After pressing enter on the title screen the black lobby loading screen plays, but this lasts for 10 or 20 minutes every single time. After it has done loading it kicks me back to the title screen and displays an error message. Pressing enter again will only show the loading screen briefly and immediately throw me into the lobby where everything works fine. For the past week it has done this every single time I launch the game and is very tedious and time consuming. I tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, which it decided to download 19 Gigabytes (I think the it redownloaded the Genesis update?). Apart from restoring the start-up bink videos I renamed nothing changed. Not really sure what to do, don't really know why it's happening.

Message 1 of 2 (310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Long loading time on startup

EA DICE Team
Seen updating windows and drivers on the PC can help. Also what error code are you getting? @PlamzDomino

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (246 Views)

All Replies

Re: Long loading time on startup

EA DICE Team
Seen updating windows and drivers on the PC can help. Also what error code are you getting? @PlamzDomino

/Atic
Message 2 of 2 (247 Views)