by MasterPadwan77

Original Post

Locked on Vader after Force Choke damage

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Sometimes after getting caught in Vader's Force Choke, your character remains locked on to Vader, unable to turn anywhere else.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know what exactly triggers this. Happened to me twice, both pre- and post-Grievous patch. Get choked by Vader and another variable, I guess - maybe it is activating one of your own abilities when getting caught.
What happens when the bug occurs? Character remains permanently locked on to Vader, unable to turn and aim anywhere else.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Video of the phenomenon.

I know that by simply watching the video, it seems like nothing is happening, but just as Vader grabs me, I am not in control of the camera anymore, all movement is automatic  - and fixed on Vader (you can see how the crosshair is weirdly locked on his feet). Also, if you listen closely, you can hear the choke sound effect the whole time.

That glitching camera effect has also been a common bug ever since launch.

Message 1 of 8 (778 Views)

Re: Locked on Vader after Force Choke damage

I had this issue as well, good report @felker_s

It happened to Han for me, I was choked and my view (as usual) completely bugged out (* view). Then I was released and could move again. I couldn't turn my character and was facing Vader all the time. I got a nice recording of this.

I will check back with the video once I had time to upload it. 

(HvV as well, PC)

Message 2 of 8 (740 Views)

★★★ Pro

@DYSPROssium

Were you by chance trying to activate one of your own abilities? Because that's the only variable I see in my own video, I activate my right-side ability just as Vader grabs me, and it bugs back into unused state sometime before Finn's buff kicks in.

Sadly, I don't have a recording of the first time this happened to me (as Rey, months ago), so I don't know if I was activating an ability there - that was an "okay guys, F this" moment for me back then and I just completely shut the game down, lol.

Message 3 of 8 (727 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Happened to me too, I assumed it was either, when he disrupted my ability activation, or when I rolled away. Only pre-update for me.

Message 4 of 8 (717 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Rogue_Manda_YT

I roll away from it many times (basically that's all you can do if you're a ranged hero), that's why I assumed that's not the problem - happens way too many times without causing the bug.

But of course, I could be wrong.

Message 5 of 8 (710 Views)

★ Guide

I couldn't attack after this happened. I was playing as yoda all I could do was push and leap attack. This looks good and that's all it does. I only play it because it's the only star wars game for next gen consoles

Message 6 of 8 (697 Views)

Here is my video. Apperently didn't record just before it happened, because I didn't notice it until Vader released me. You can clearly see that I cannot move the viewer anywhere else then staying locked on Vader. It seems like I was trying to activate the sharpshooter ability when Vader started the choking, looking at the abilities in the right side corner.

Message 7 of 8 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm having the same issues on PS4 from time to time, too!

Message 8 of 8 (648 Views)