Re: Locked doors do not remain locked

by IngeJones

Original Post

Hero
@TheSolidRequiem Is this different from your report in June: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Locked-doors-not-working-when-a-sim-leaves-the-lot/m-p/9245507 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The house I am playing in has very small bedrooms (its a Gallery house).  I did exactly as the fix said, and turned one door around.  My sim who was in the bedroom, when I did this was then stuck inside the room.  In this case, the workaround was to remove all the bedroom doors in the house.  It's hardly a perfect fix, but at least no one can get stuck inside rooms anymore - but of course I've lost the ability to lock any doors.

The fact I am trying to simulate a Prison, where all bedrooms should be lockable (as they are in real life), I guess it doesn't matter.  And since this is a lot I downloaded from the gallery, specifically for this purpose, it hardly makes sense that I have to make allocations and simply accept a fix which in this case doesn't apply.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 12 of 20 (806 Views)

★ Guide
@TheSolidRequiem Except that if this is a player-made building rather than something that came with the game you can't necessarily assume it has no errors in the way the doors have been applied.
Message 13 of 20 (791 Views)

Hero
@TheSolidRequiem But that's the same you reported in June ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (786 Views)

★★ Apprentice

As of the moment of this writing, I will rescind my earlier statements concerning doors not locking.  I was able to find a sliding door which appears to do what I need.  But as I've noted in the past, things which are working on one play session have a tendency to suddenly not work.

Message 15 of 20 (758 Views)

Re: Locked doors not working when a sim leaves the lot

★★ Pro

I'm playing with several sims and roommates and this is driving me crazy. It's a constant battle with unlocking and locking the doors because suddenly sims are able to walk through doors that are supposed to keep them out.

Message 16 of 20 (592 Views)

Re: Door locks

★★ Novice

This is still an issue 4 years later

Message 17 of 20 (557 Views)

Hero
@Squeakypuddin I moved your post to a more current thread for this. The issues was fixed at some point but still seems to be an issue for some scenarios.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 20 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrict Link to thread? I'm having the same issue.

Message 19 of 20 (456 Views)

Hero
@CaptainRichard01 Not sure what link you mean. This is the thread about locked doors unlocking. Squeakypuddin had posted in an old thread and I move the post over to this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (439 Views)