by MzMelonz

Original Post

Lock Doors Don’t Work if Computer is Present

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 6.0
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with multiple locked doors. Put a computer in any of the rooms behind a locked door. If sims wants to go use the computer on their own, they are able to access the room and the computer. If you try to get them to cross the door otherwise, they cannot. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Mentioned above
What do you expect to see? If the door is locked, the sims should not have access to anything on the other side
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Filled out form by answers given

Message 1 of 3 (415 Views)

Re: Lock Doors Don’t Work if Computer is Present

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I thought that might've been what was going on in one of my sim's houses.

In the butler's bedroom, I'd locked the door for "everyone but the butler", yet kept finding sims inside the butler's room. The butler had a computer in there. I then set security for the computer so only the butler could use it and haven't seen anyone in the room since other than butler, but also bear in mind not long after I then switched away from that family to play another household, so this theory and possible workaround hasn't been tested properly yet.

They were unable to exit the door once they got in after possibly magically routing to the computer, so whole thing was pretty annoying.

Message 2 of 3 (339 Views)

Re: Lock Doors Don’t Work if Computer is Present

★★★★ Guide
@khitteh Yep! I had this happen at multiple locations. So I just have been using the computer security settings.
Message 3 of 3 (272 Views)